Sound cuts out during idle? (1 Viewer)

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all- Im running Win7 off intel NUC, connected to network, have it running 24/7 7 days a week all sleep/hybernatui turned off, last night had sound, everything was ok... it fluxuates but mildly during a show/movie... Then this morning woke up and no sound. says speaker/headphones aren't plugged in. Any thoughts on a solution? Not sure if its a driver issue of Portal issue.. any help would be appreciated!

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
July 17, 2010
check codecs and renderer settings specifically Audio rendered. I found my TV over HDMI gets forgotten on occasion by windows as the default output, I forced mine to use the option shown for my TV rather than "Default Direct Sound device" and that seemed to resolve it

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
Home Country
OKay i did as you mentioned above. Only problem is when i switch to media portal Audio renderer, the properties, then audio device, it doesn't list my TV, just "OSdefault sued device" or "remote Audio" So I'm going to go with remote for now, and see what happens.. Hopefully is solves my problem! Thanks for the tip!

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
Home Country
HDMI, directly from Intel.. this morning everything was fine, had sound, so that solved the problem, except this morning i didn't have volume control with my Windows remote. It showed the volume adjustment (little dots up/down) when i hit the button on the remote so the remote was functioning, however the volume wasn't going up or down. Only adjustment i could make was via TV remote.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds like HDMI driver issues. Did you try searching for similar issue with your hardware? Did you make sure you are running the latest drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom