Sound fine when recording but playback stutters (1 Viewer)

bpazolli

June 3, 2009
I have what I think is a unique problem. When I try to use my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200 in my Dell XPS-420 Desktop I get this stuttering (clicking like) sound playback. I am viewing HDTV here in Australia. It happens on all channels and it seems to start out fine and then start a few moments later at a continous pace. The picture never breaks up or stalls. This problem also happens in WMC and it didn't use to happen till I physically moved my computer which involved moving my aerial. I though it was the fact that my aerial wasn't getting a good enough signal but I have tried everything with moving it around and replacing it and such. What is really strange is that our now notice is that if I record (in either WMC or MediaPortal) it records with what appears to be perfect sound. The only thing I can think of is some sort of audio/video sync problem or something and when playing back a recording it is more relaxed about the sync. I am going to now do a long record and see if it stays in sync by the end. I have also tried fiddling with MediaPortal configuration settings with regard to the MPEG/AC3 audio decoder and Audio Renderer (I only have one ACC audio decoder option, could this be the problem?) but that has offered no help. I don't know how this could be fixed or why it has happened any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom