Sound/no sound (1 Viewer)

pipette

Portal Member
April 23, 2011
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just when I thought everything was running smoothly, while I was fine-tuning various settings for the tv, I realise I have lost the sound completely. Zip. Nothing.

Sound works with the TV with winTV, and also works with a DVD and Cyberlink Powerdvd. Zip, nothing under Media portal in the two cases. And two hours ago, it worked fine.

I have checked the definition of the audio renderer, and it is Realtek HDMI everywhere.
Now the questions:

1) For audio renderer, I have the choice between:
Default Directsound device,
Directsound Realtek HDMI Output
Realtek HDMI output

plus a few other options...

I have put everything to Realtek HDMI output, as well as the setting on the computer (bottom corner of the screen). Which one should I try next?

2) when I change this setting, should I restart Mediaportal, or restart the whole computer every time?

And I haven't even looked at the Codecs yet...

Now the worst thing is that it worked before, and I can't make any sense out of it.

Anyone has a suggestion?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try pressing the 'm' key (mute toggle) for a start. If that doesn't work we can go from there with codecs etc.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sometimes I press the mute button on my remote while out of MediaPortal, and that mutes the Windows sounds (master volume) so if this happens before launching MediaPortal again, pressing mute inside MediaPortal won't turn it back on. Try opening Windows' volume control and have a look. I'm a MediaPortal veteran, still this happen way too often. ;)

Emph

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If it's still not going try running mp in windows mode, then use directshow graphstudio to connect to remote graph while playing some media without sound, then you can see what the problem might be.

pipette

Portal Member
    April 23, 2011
    Quebec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Try pressing the 'm' key (mute toggle) for a start. If that doesn't work we can go from there with codecs etc.
    I woudl have loved it to be that simple... No chance.[DOUBLEPOST=1353722670][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sometimes I press the mute button on my remote while out of MediaPortal, and that mutes the Windows sounds (master volume) so if this happens before launching MediaPortal again, pressing mute inside MediaPortal won't turn it back on. Try opening Windows' volume control and have a look. I'm a MediaPortal veteran, still this happen way too often. ;)

Emph

Not that neither. As I said, WinTv and Cyberlink both have sound...

pipette

Portal Member
    April 23, 2011
    Quebec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If it's still not going try running mp in windows mode, then use directshow graphstudio to connect to remote graph while playing some media without sound, then you can see what the problem might be.

l'll have to try, but it will take a while. I have never used neither graphstudio nor directshow... Time to learn something new! I,ll try this next week, I'm away this weekend, and right now, I'm downloading the two softwares.

I'll probably have some questions next week... Unless a miracle happens, and sound comes back by itself (OK, I'll try to pray, might help...)

Thanks!

pipette

Portal Member
    April 23, 2011
    Quebec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK software downloaded, I have GraphStudio running but... As far as I can see, everyting looks fine. MP outputs to monogram AAC decoder, which outputs to Directs sound: realtek HDMI Output. THis output matches the one which is correct on windows.

How do I know where the problem is? Can it be the CODEC?

Well, Im going to be for tonight. See on monday, and thanks, guys, for trying to help me!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes that looks correct. as long as it's not going through mutliple decoders.
    run the same video file through pdvd or whatever is currently working and use graphstudio connect to remote graph.
    then maybe you can change the aac codec to lav or something else.

Last edited:

pipette

Portal Member
    April 23, 2011
    Quebec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can't get graphstudio to work with anything else than Mediaportal... Must be something I am doing wrong. I even tried to stop Graphstudio and start in back again from the web. No way. Any other suggestion?

I know I,m not fast, there is always someone on the tb, so I can't try things out as much as I want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom