Completed Sound stopped working on X1250 (1 Viewer)

ethanol

Portal Member
January 4, 2008
Home Country
Hi all,
Hope you can help.

I set-up an HTPC about 4 months ago based around a Gigabyte 690G / X1250 Mainboard with on-board Digital Out.

All has been fine but suddenly yesterday sound has stopped working.

Amp still works OK with other sources. No new software / drivers installed.

Checked all the obvious things (cables, volume / mute, Device Manager, ...)?

Is it possible that the sound chip on the m/b just stopped working?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I take it no sound in windows neither.

Vista SP1 did this twice to me with my creative audigy driver, ended up getting the latest non creative supported driver which cured the problem, as you do not say which OS your using pretty stuffed knowing without more info.

Really is worthwhile filling in system specifications (needs to be enabled) in user cp at top left of forum page, if you ever post a support request it fills the info for you.

Cheers

RdV

March 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no sound

I have the same problem, installed mediaportal 1.0 and it worked great, then after two days suddenly the sound stopped. No sound in playing music and no sound in playing movies. As far as I know I haven't made any changes, it just stopped after playing Itunes libraries in Mediaportal, first it worked and suddenly it stopped.
    Computer works fine (with sound) in all other programs.

Who can help me, would like to use mediaportal again, but useless without sound...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Vista user, then check sound not muted\lowered in the systray sound icon mixer setting, run MP windowed mode (alt-enter).

RdV

March 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dear Paranoid Delusion,

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried this. Sound is not muted, and mixers are open.
    The weird thing is that I can for instance play music from I-tunes and it works and then simultaniuosly play in media portal which remains completely silent (you do see the track playing in seconds..)
    Hav re-installed media portal, but with no succes. It remains silent, both in playing music and in watching movies (you do see the visuals).

Seeing that everything works, it must be a setting in mediaportal I would say.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom