Sounds issue with mp3 codecs in avi's (1 Viewer)

CleanMud

January 19, 2009
Hi there all

I’m having a very strange issue.

I have some video/avi files, where the audio is encoded in MP3, with the video codec being used it either XVID or DIVX. When playing these files within MediaPortal V1.0 no sound comes out. If I play these files with any other media player, i.e. VLC or Media Player Classic, sound comes out.

This doesn’t happen if the audio is encoded in AC3 format.

In MediaPortal configuration under, Video-> Video Player, External player. If I select to use Media Player Classic as a external player, replacing internal player, there isn’t any issues, but this is an untidy solution.

I’ve made changes to Codec Setting within MediaPortal but this hasn’t made any difference.

My computer plugs into my AMP through a fibre optic cable.

MediaPortal is the only application this happens to.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Many Thanks in Advance

CleanMud

Forseti

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is the output pushed to another device?

(If u got Vista u can check this by rightclicking the speaker symbol down to the right, and selecting "playback/output units" or whatever it might be called in the enlish version of Vista), There are indicators showing any output to the devices..). Don't know if this will help u in any directions but its worth a shot

CleanMud

January 19, 2009
resolved

Thanks alots, when into output to the devices and saw that mediaprotal for some reason was turned all the way down.

Many Thanks again

YaKnow

January 23, 2009
Just for future reference CleanMud, if you want to thank someone, please use the "thanks" button at the bottom of the persons post. It'll help out their reputation and is generally just good for everyone to help eachother out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom