Soundswitch V1.5: Change audio settings with your remote (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again,

Can you you tell me how to assign the soundswitch to a button of your remote ?

I use a mce remote :
    (http://www.bit4sale.nl/images/9222654_big.jpg)

In MediaPortal Configuration there is a menu called "Remote" and you can choose Mappings,
    but I can't find how to assign an executable program such as "soundswitch" to a button.

Can you please help me with this ?

Thanks in advance,
    Soxbrother

Check your PM.

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks netexplorer, will give this a try.

I have my HTPC connected by HDMI to my AV-Receiver. I also have it connected analoge for the multiroom speakers (only allows analoge signal). If I understand your Soundswitch correctly, I can change from HDMI to analoge with it? Will report back with the results ;)

Edit:
    No Soundmapper setting under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia, so that won't work. I use the ATI HDMI driver.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you use Windows Vista. Then u can use the "Vista Audio Changer". Google for it.

feriso

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2008
    Does this work under Win7 x64? I want to use my hdmi->TV for normal use but then have the option to change to SPDIF for movies as I wish (and back again)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Soundswitch V1.5: Change audio settings with your remote

Hi,
    try to export the registry tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices with your different settings and compare the files. The only thing we have to check out is, that the script have to run with admin rights. Maybe you can try to set the option in properties menu of the exe file "Allways as admin". Please report your results, because i can't test this with my office pc running Windows 7.

Regards, Netexplorer.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Can anybody confirm the device switching in Windows 7 with the registry tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices ?

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!
    My system looks like this: Just one audiodevice (onboard Realtek). A graphics card with HDMI out and possibility to add SPDIF audio
    to the HDMI sream. Then HDMI cable to TV. Everything plays in stereo on TV and AVR because i have made a split (Y) from the SPDIF out witch connects direct to AVR. If I put the AVR on I will have the same stereosound as in tv. BUT: If i tick the box inside MP settings: "Prefer AC3 sound" I will have multichannel sound in surround from TV channels.
    Is there any way to switch that setting from the remote? I have read about the script, but it seems to deal with two
    audiodevices. Could someone advice me if it's possible?

Christer

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I think it depends on what you want to reach. If you normally watch tv with stereo sound and without AVR leave the setting off "Prefer AC3...". When you want to watch tv with multichannel sound, switch the audio track with context menu (key F9). So you have no need to use this script. I use it to switch two settings for AC3Filter (Passthrough+Downmix). Because DVD's use AC3 and kid movies don't need to use my AVR, so i want to downmix the AC3 sound. When i watch a movie or watch tv with multichannel, i switch to passthrough for use with AVR.

Regards, Netexplorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom