and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Vico100:

I've edited your post, please don't be angry at me for doing it... here's why I did:

There is no harm in linking to a forum thread that criticizes a spammer, god knows I hate spammers, but you shouldn't re-tell the story here.

Let the web site that runs that story deal with any potential legal ramifications of outing someone in such a way ... MediaPortal doesn't need that sort of attention and I'd hate to see google index this page when someone types in a few choice keywords ... I'm sure you understand what I'm saying.

You've editorialised the story in your re-telling of it and that could constitute defamation in some parts of the world, MediaPortal doesn't need that sort of attention.

Don't consider this a talking down, I'm not trying to upset or guilt-trip you. Just consider it covering MediaPortal's collective arse.

Cheers,

PS. (EDIT) I should also add that we don't want to a start a spammer (or anything else) bashing thread on here. No matter how morally just it might be :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeah, where this server is hosted (Germany) is pretty strict on some things...

I'm not even sure the server admin will want to allow the link ... It's just that dicey.

Until he has a chance to decide I thought I should at least censor the post and let you know why.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom