Forum Spanish Language Forum Creation Poll (1 Viewer)

Spanish language forum creation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

joostzilla

I voted NO! Not that i dont like forums in specific languages but i am afraid information will be to shattered around the various forums.
Its already so hard to find a specific answer through all the different posts.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I voted NO! Not that i dont like forums in specific languages but i am afraid information will be to shattered around the various forums.
Its already so hard to find a specific answer through all the different posts.
You are from Netherlands and you have your own Dutch language forum, why we not?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I voted yes. If the issue is that language forums make it difficult to find/keep track of answers, then they should all be removed and add Google translate button like we did in the Wiki. If not, I see no reason to provide support in some languages but not in Spanish if we have many users that would use it and help support it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi z3us

All Joostzilla is trying to point out is, there are pro's and con's to any language forum, good\bad information is hard for us to collect or correct.

Search can be a problem, as it will include all language forums matching the search pattern, unless you can narrow it down to one section of forum only.

But neither out ways the communication advantages :D

J

joostzilla

You are from Netherlands and you have your own Dutch language forum, why we not?

True, there is a Dutch forum but i have never ever used it. I have questions answered by users from all over the world. Thats the benefit from one (english) forum.
    I consider the MP community as one big global community. Why seperate this.
    But i am not against it i just point out my considerations.
    :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I consider the MP community as one big global community. Why seperate this.
    You must not see the language specific subforms as an instrument of splitting the community.
    English forums remain to be the main channel of communications. Yet many users of our global community struggle with the english language. Thats why we offer these subforums - to give users a place where they can talk about MP without the language barrier.

llambion

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Oviedo
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I voted yes, of course. Spanish forum for ever!!!
    I know a lot of people that use mediaportal but don't enter into this forum because they don't speak english. That people enter in other spanish forums who talk about mediaportal for support.

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    +1.
    Google translator is very useful but ...

...but is that many of you do not speak the english of Google-translator. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom