Specify Music sort by view and set default sort (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This has been mentioned elsewhere, but I could not find it in the Improvement Suggestions.

When creating or defining Music views it would be great if there was a way to define and specify the sort options for each view. It would also be helpful to set the order the sort options appear or even select which sort options appear in the view.

For example, when viewing an album I always want it sorted by track. But this is useless when viewing songs (all the number 01 tracks appear first). So I want to sort songs by artist/album/track.

With a large database of songs it takes a while to sort them, so each time I switch the sort I have to wait 10 seconds!

If that is too difficult, at least it would be nice if in the Music Sort section you could change the default sort and the order of the sort options, since it always defaults to the Name sort and then you have to cycle through several sorts to get to a track sort.

This is primarily a problem when sorting all songs, which I use to create playlists. It is so difficult now that I resort to creating playlists in another program and then playing them in MediaPortal.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do I miss something? What you decribe should easily be configurable in the music views section.
    Please try again to explain how your desired view should look like.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When I go into the Configuration Tool, Under Music, Views I don't see where to specify sort options. For example, in the Songs view it lists Title. That's fine, since I want to list all the songs on one view (without having to click artist then album then track, to select one track for a playlist, then back up to album, then artisit, to get to another song.) But the tracks are sorted by the Name Sort specified under Music Sort. The default Name sort is Track, Artist, Title. But then all the 01 tracks appear first. If I change the Name sort, then it changes it in all views and I want each view sorted differently

So what I am suggesting, is that the Music Sort rules be linked to the Music Views.

I hope that is a little clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom