Speedlink SL-6399 Wakes from Hibernate with All Remotes (1 Viewer)

badlyDrawingBoy

December 27, 2011
Home Country
Hi Folks,

I've got a new Logitech Harmony One remote that I'm playing with setting up activities, such as record TV, so it will switch to HDMI, go into the TV guide in MediaPortal and let me chose to record something. This works well, but one thing it was missing was the ability to turn the HTPC on if it was Hibernating. The Harmony is mapped to a SL-6399, and I have the USB Receiver for the remote plugged in and now enabled for waking the HTPC from standby. So far so good. However, one thing I can't get right is that when the PC goes into hibernate, any IR blast will wake it up. I originally thought this might be the Harmony, but I've set that to not blast at the PC for non PC related activites. I've also tested it with my original TV and Digibox remotes, and they also wake up the PC.

Is there a way to only specify that certain keystrokes from certain remotes will wake up my PC? Or does the USB receiver for the remote need to power up every time it detects an IR blast, just to see if it was meant for the PC?

I've had a nosey in my BIOS Settings (Asus AM3 AMD 780L) but can't see any settings for wake on USB, so I'm not sure if this is something that I can configure at that level or in Windows.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have had a look around the forum and while I see some threads on MCE style remotes and waking from hibernate, I didn't notice any relating to this particular issue.

Full HTPC System specs:

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: DefaultWide 1.2.0.0
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.0GHz 2MB AM3 65W
HDD: Samsung HD501LJ 500GB, Maxtor 6Y080P0 80GB
Memory: 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333MHz
Motherboard: Asus AM3 AMD 780L DDR3 mATX
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5450
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.6
Sound Card: on Board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T
1. TV Card Type: USB DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.11.26108.0
2. TV Card: BlackGold BGT3630
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T2/DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 8.1.1.2
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC-MPEG2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: PP-MPEG Muxer
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion 430 Black
Cooling: Stock AMD
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20B
TV - HTPC Connection: HMDI

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So any keypress on any remote wakes pc, then I suggest checking in device manager and disable any HID\keyboard power setting that is not directly related to the receiver you have.

Run device manager go to HID section first, select first device and right click, properties box is now shown, see if there is a power tab, if so deselect, "allow this device to wake computer", work way through list if HID devices if there is one, ignore if one has name of your device.

Test and see if same behaviour.

If still doing this repeat above for keyboard devices.

Just to let you know, only the power button on my remote will cause receiver to flash in standby, other button presses do nothing.

badlyDrawingBoy

December 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've done a bit more playing, and can see that the USB receiver appears to create the following in device manager:
    Human Interface Devices
    HID Compliant consumer control device (with power mgmt tab)
    HID Compliant consumer control device (with power mgmt tab)
    HID compliant device (with power mgmt tab)
    HID compliant device (without power mgmt tab)
    HID compliant device (without power mgmt tab)
    USB Human Interface Device (without power mgmt tab)
    USB Human Interface Device (without power mgmt tab)

Keyboards
    HID Keyboard Device (with power mgmt tab)
    HID Keyboard Device (with power mgmt tab)

Mice and other pointing devices
    HID Compliant mouse (with power mgmt tab)

Any of those with power mgmt tabs (and "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" checked) will wake the PC when I press any button on any of my remotes. I've been through all the devices and tried each one individually with the same results. I'm starting to think this isn't going to work, or I'll need a different remote/USB Receiver to map on to my Harmony.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol
    some mainboards have a 5vsb jumper to redirect the 5v standby current from ps2 interface to usb, check see if yours has this and change it to ps2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom