Split .iso in different .avi files (1 Viewer)

mikeymika

Portal Member
March 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a DVD collection of the TV serie JOEY (season 1 contains 6 dvd's).

i allready ripped the dvd's into .iso (wich contains the VIDEO_TS directory) files, so they are on my computer.

I want to split the .iso files in to different .avi files.

so that every episode is one .avi file and i can use them in the MY TV series plugin.

is there a tool or program to make this happen?

i tried searching the forum but i got so many hits that i still couldn't find the right topic.:confused::confused:

i hope someone can help..

thx

coolcash

Portal Member
July 22, 2008
There are a ton of applications out there than can do this. These are two of my favorates.

Both referenced here: VideoHelp.com - Forum, Guides, Tools and hardware lists its a great site for doing just this.

This guide works well if you have the origanal dvds. Nice thing about this, the steps you take will name your files and rip them. At the end you have some nice rips.

How to convert TV Series DVD episodes to DivX/XviD with ease using freeware - VideoHelp.com

I also recommend handbrake, its for both mac and windows. It takes some more time ripping and naming, but its nice and graphical

How to Rip DVDs with Handbrake | Macinstruct

There are also guides on VideoHelp.com - Forum, Guides, Tools and hardware lists

mikeymika

Portal Member
March 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i tried with this guide:

This guide works well if you have the origanal dvds. Nice thing about this, the steps you take will name your files and rip them. At the end you have some nice rips.

How to convert TV Series DVD episodes to DivX/XviD with ease using freeware - VideoHelp.com

and i got it working

exept i don't get the subtitles in the .avi file.
AUTO GK keeps saying it cant find a file named .idx

and than it stops.

if i dont select any subtitle it works OK.

hope someone can help me with this..

thanks

da-anda

Portal Pro
December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
as for subtitles - I'd suggest to use the MKV container format and not "burn" the subtitles into the image. Not sure which tools to use for that, as I haven't found a easy one to use yet.

mikeymika

Portal Member
March 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
oke. and wich software would you suggest to convert the

.ifo and .vob file to an .mkv

I can also leave it like this... (using the .ifo and .vob in Mediaportal my tv series)
but it's quite large ( 1 episode is +- 1 GB.) and takes alot of diskspace.

thx in advance

da-anda

Portal Pro
December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
as I said I haven't found a easy to use tool for splitting the .ifos into separate files and mux them automatically. As for muxxing to mkv in general, you could use the mkvtoolnix. See matroska website for details. On that page are also somme other mkv-tools (editors, splitters, grabbers...).
You could also check meGui (developed from the guys over at doom9.org) for converting DVDs to MKV - but I'm not sure if it can handle DVD series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom