Stable ATSC Support (1 Viewer)

TheBrain

January 24, 2006
Hi All,

I have been waiting for quite some time for Media Portal to have stable ATSC support but it does not seem to be a priority. To that end I am interested in working on providing stable DVICO FusionHDTV 5 support for media portal. However I first thought I would post here to inquire if anyone is actively working on ATSC so that I would not be duplicating work.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and thanks for your interest in developing ATSC support further.
    There is currently no work being done on ATSC support at this time.
    The support is based on the Microsoft ATSC Network Provider and BDA drivers.
    If you're willing to develop this further for all supported ATSC cards then I'm sure you'll have no shortage of testers and you have our full support.

Whats been restrictive is that it's very difficult to provide this support from Europe where ATSC in non-existant. Also a lack of DirectShow developers has reduced bandwidth somewhat.

The currently the implementation only supports OTA.
    QAM support is not provided by the Microsoft Network Provider however we think this will be available with Vista.

The floor is yours...

DMAN

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I PM'd you, TheBrain.

I've got a Vbox card, but I'll get a Fusion too, if you need testers and can make a concerted effort to bring ATSC up to snuff with the rest of MP.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Brain - Once you get DVICO FusionHDTV 5 for MP I'll go ahead and buy it. I have been waiting for support of at least one decent card before I purchased one.

Mike

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Commodore 64 said:
    I PM'd you, TheBrain.

I've got a Vbox card, but I'll get a Fusion too, if you need testers and can make a concerted effort to bring ATSC up to snuff with the rest of MP.

Comm64 I see you on IRC from time to time.
    Why don't you join Steve's test group and work there to enter some of these ATSC (based on Vbox) bugs into Mantis for us.

DMAN

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Dman, I'm on the test group, I think. I think I've got one post there. is that the one where InfinityLoop has the Avatar with the little kid giving someone the finger?

I'm not sure what is going on with Mantis. I don't quite understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom