Stacking and combining folders in MP (1 Viewer)

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
I've just started using media software recently, and after searching the net, ended up trying out some of the recommended apps, MP and xbmc.

I've much preferred MP in the end, it has many more options/configs (and the very least loads onto a secondary monitor!), but there are 2 features in xbmc, that I'm hoping work in MP, but I just cant seem to find the option/get them to work the same way.

Firstly, in xmbc, I could go into the Video menu, add a "source", and in the box I could add multiple folders, like D:\movies, F:\movies, G:\movies, and it would then create just one "movies" directory, but all the movies from all drives appeared as if just in one directory.

second is the stacking feature. I see the "stack" option, but it doesn't seem to work the same way. Again, in xbmc, I would have a folder called "show" and in it "show-ep01", "show-ep02" etc all the way to last episode. When entering the folder, all the episodes automatically become one huge "show" file, with the size and duration the accumulation of all the episodes.

Are both these options available and work the same in MP?

I'm going to use MP regardless, but these features are really something I would love to have.

:D

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Firstly, in xmbc, I could go into the Video menu, add a "source", and in the box I could add multiple folders, like D:\movies, F:\movies, G:\movies, and it would then create just one "movies" directory, but all the movies from all drives appeared as if just in one directory.

Have you given the Moving Pictures plugin a try yet? It does this and you will find it awesome.

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009
    Is that like the built-in database sorting, but much improved, as in gui etc?

It's not something I want to try just yet, as I don want any thumbnails of my files, I was just after adding folders and browsing through them. I will try those later though (new thread about the virus wasnt too reassuring :p), I just need a quick way to "merge" the folders right now, I thought there would be a way in MP already.

Ok, is the stacking feature working the same?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom