Stalling more than normal (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi online videos seem to be stalling more often than normal downloading category lists.

Locks up MP and find it hard to stop. sometimes I can return to home page and the progress bar is still running other times I can't do anything apart from task manager. Logs will follow later.

Cheers

nimroder

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2010
    Same problem on my htpc.
    Sometimes it freezes other times i could go on using mediaportal but the onlinevideos plugin stays on the loading bar until i restart mediaportal, but most times it works fine (besides the url not found, etc.)
    great work so far!

if you need logs tell me ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course I need logs! And please from a run where the error happens.
    And more info when the error happens would also be nice... (specific site/category, ...)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Of course I need logs! And please from a run where the error happens.
    And more info when the error happens would also be nice... (specific site/category, ...)

Hi attached a log, This was a category in watch-Movies. But it is not limited to this site. I will send logs as they happen for the other sites. The error happens 1-2 times out of 4 tries. Not sure why it would be happening now. All I did for this one was click watch-Movies click new release (that worked), Exited that and tried 2009/2010 movies then it locked up.

Edit: added another log for watch-series. Clicked watch-series clicked series clicked T = locked up

Cheers

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did check the logs but couldn't find anything telling me what caused the lockup.
    What happens with MediaPortal when it freezes exactly? Does the wait-cursor still run? Can you change the selected item, can you return to home screen?
    It might be something happening at the same time. Are there any popup notifications happening while OnlineVideos is getting webdata in the background?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did check the logs but couldn't find anything telling me what caused the lockup.
    What happens with MediaPortal when it freezes exactly? Does the wait-cursor still run? Can you change the selected item, can you return to home screen?
    It might be something happening at the same time. Are there any popup notifications happening while OnlineVideos is getting webdata in the background?

Only thing I can think of is maybe show times is getting its data at the same time.

When It locks up, You can't stop it. The wait cursor keeps running most of the time you can't select anything else but you can return to the home screen with the wait cursor still running. Pressing the back button doesn't do anything nor the stop button.

Ok so its not show times, Have disabled show times and still does it. But then some categories are fine. This has been tested on two PCs running MP1.1 Online-Videos 0.24

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please, everyone having these problems, add logs from a run where that problem occured. Maybe somewhere it tells me what the cause might be, I have not been able to reproduce this. If you have the problem and can reproduce it, pls also provide the steps you take to get the stalling, and what exactly happen with MePo (is it unresponsive or just showing the wait cursor still allowing to change to other section..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom