Standby Problem FloppyDTV under Win7 (1 Viewer)

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: MP 1.1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova
    Windows Version: Win 7
    CPU Type: AMD X2 235
    HDD: 1TB WD Green Power
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 - Extrene Memory
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
    Video Card: ATI HD4200 (onBoard) / ATI HD 5450
    Video Card Driver: 10.7
    Sound Card: onBoard
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVB-S S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S (HD)
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.7
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 10 Codec
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 10 Codec / ffdshow Adio Decover
    h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 10 Codec
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19,2°E
    TV: Samsung 40" LCD TV / FullHD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,
    I've got a standby-problem with my Floppy-DTV.
    If I'm returning from standby I get every 5-10 times an "unknow error" ("Ein unbekannter Fehler ist aufgetreten") or an "audio/video error" ("Kein Audio/Video gefunden").
    I've attached logfiles created by Watchdog.
    I've got this problem since I'm using Windows 7 (x64 Home Premium) and MP 1.1. Under Win XP everything worked fine (MP 1.02).

I also followed the instruction in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...f-you-have-standby-probs-floppy-dtv-do-71262/
    I've enabled Power Scheduler and activated "Reinitialize service on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner)".
    I also set "Delay in secounds before TVServer detects cards" to 10. (Also tried 8 or 15 secs.)

When this problem occurs, I've restart TVservice to "bypass"/"reset" this problem.

Any Ideas?

PS: A interesting hint:
    If this error occurs the timeshift folder is not empty although there is no timeshifting active. (see screenshots).
    It is not possible to delete this files with windows explorer (file is already in use.. tvservice -> screenshot).
    If I'm closing the handle with process-explorer (screenshot) I can delete that files, and then the TVservice works again WITHOUT restarting TVservice.

lg cilla

Attachments

• 1394-treiber.png
      1394-treiber.png
      89.6 KB
    • working.png
      working.png
      61.3 KB
    • file-clear.png
      file-clear.png
      105.4 KB
    • process-explorer-delete-handle.png
      process-explorer-delete-handle.png
      125.5 KB
    • process-explorer-find-handle.png
      process-explorer-find-handle.png
      132.8 KB
    • delete-problem.png
      delete-problem.png
      114.6 KB
    • file-problems.png
      file-problems.png
      140.2 KB
    • tv-server-2.png
      tv-server-2.png
      60.9 KB
    • tv-server.png
      tv-server.png
      61.9 KB

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Standby Problem FloppyDTV under Win7

Hi.
    Due to a bug in the Windows 7 BETA (Build 7000) ...
    The test-period of Win7 is over and I think you have the RTM-Release on your PC.
    I use a FireDTV with Win7 x64 with the original IEEE1394 Driver and there's no Problem with TV-Server and Standby/Wakeup. But it runs on my second system with an intel-based mainboard.

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I'm not using a beta-version of Win 7.

I think it could be a Problem with the power scheduler. 'cause there are files in the timeshift folder ('cause they couldn't deleted by CleanTimeShiftFiles() fuction).
    Code:
    2010-09-27 11:58:23.989662 [(19)]: Controller: delete timeshift files F:\Timeshift\card2\live5-0.ts
    2010-09-27 11:58:23.989662 [(19)]: Controller:   delete F:\Timeshift\card2\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer
    2010-09-27 11:58:23.989662 [(19)]: Controller: Error "Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "F:\Timeshift\card2\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird." on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
    2010-09-27 11:58:23.989662 [(19)]: Controller:   delete F:\Timeshift\card2\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts
    2010-09-27 11:58:23.989662 [(19)]: Controller:   delete F:\Timeshift\card2\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer2.ts
    2010-09-27 11:58:23.989662 [(19)]: Controller: Error "Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "F:\Timeshift\card2\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer2.ts" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird." on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles

Are you using power scheduler?

I also tested it on a solid state disk, there works everything fine. (faster).
    So set thread.sleep() from 5 sec. to 10 sec. in PowerScheduler and recompiled it (attached).
    But the problem persists.

Another idea:
    Is it possible to stop timeshifting before going to standby. Because if I'm stopping timeshift manualy before going to standby everything works well.

lg cilla

Attachments

• PowerScheduler.dll.bak
      92 KB

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Are you using power scheduler?
    Yes, I do. In combination with webepg because the ZDF-EPG won't be correct grabbed by "normal" EPG. Every Day the EPG-Grabber starts the PC and the powerscheduler organized the standby mode. And this comination runs perfect. One hit on the MCE-Remote and the PC is up and I can use MP with TV.

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update:
    I also tried SVN Version 26264, 'cause I have had this issue, too: 0003000: DigitalEverywhere: driver version not logged anymore with Windows7 drivers - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    result:same problem as before.

BUT:
    I told you, that everything works fine, when I'm using a SSD (cloned from WD-HDD). But when I'm using a WD (Caviar Green) HDD the error occurs (tested with several hard drives(with and without "advanced format").
    So i cloned the disk to a Samsung HDD and it WORKS, too!
    I set the aam entry to max (256), but same problem as before.

So it seems to be a Problem with WD Caviar Green disk in connection with power scheduler/FloppyDTV. Because with other TV Cards (e.g. Digital Devices cine 2) and without powersheduler everything works.

any ideas?

lg cilla

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I think it's really a bug in Mediaportal

I have now tested with a fresh installed Windows 7 and Media Portal 1.1.1 without additional codecs

I Think the Problem is that the TV Server Setting „Delay in seconds before TV Server detects card” does not work or does not work with the Floppy DTV TV Card.
    In combination with the Option " Show last active Module when starting” Stand By is not possible and I can see the from Cilla describe Error Log and Message (See first Post from Cilla)

Without " Show last active Module when starting” work the standby if you wait after Wake UP 4 to 5 seconds to start Live TV.
    WIthout waiting is the Error Message "NO Free TV Card". After some seconds Live TV is possible.

Time how long you wait depends on the speed of the hard drive, a solid state Hard Disk does the stand-by waiting accessible without.
    If you do not wait long enough, come the error message "No Free TV Card".

Hardware:
    Mainbaord: Gigabyte 785 GMT-UD2h, Firmware F5 or F8, AHCI aktiv
    IEEE 1394 Controller: Texas Instruments, Driver (TI Win7 Driver or OHCI 1394 Hostcontroller (alt)
    Stand By Mode: S3
    TV Card: Floppy DTV (DVB-S) – with Condensator Cable, Driver 5.7
    Harddisk: WD Green Power oder WD Caviar Blue or Samsung ECO Drive
    Grafiksystem: ATI HD 4200 oder ATI HD5450 or HD4450
    ATI Driver: Catalyst 10.7
    Remote: orig. Microsoft MCE Remote Control
    Operating System: WIN 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , 4GB Ram
    Mediaportal: MP 1.1.1 (the same in MP 1.1.0)
    Installation: NEW Windows 7 Installation + MP 1.1.1 pur without Codecs (only MP Codec)

Mediaport Settngs
    Mediaportal Konfiguration:
    enabled “Show last active Module when starting / resuming from standby “
    enabled Plugin MP Power Scheduler client plugin, Shutdown mode”Suspend”

TV:
    enabled , turn on TV (aktiv)
    enabled , Directly show fullscreen TV (aktiv)

TV Server Konfiguration
    reinitialize service on wake up (reinitializes Tuner) – enabled
    Shute Down Mode “Suspend”
    Delay in seconds befor TV Server detects cards = 10

Question:
    Is there another way Media Portal the launch of Live TV to the stand by a 4 - to delay 5 seconds. For example…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom