StandbyWatcher - avoids standby while something is recorded on vista ::V1.1 released! (1 Viewer)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi, after a few time and many trys to avoid the standby of vista :)bitch:), i have given up to do that...

Now my wife tolds me that from time to time if she puts the system in to standby some recordings are not fully recorded...no wonder why...

Ok, ok - i have now tryed to take another approach to avoid the standy... and voila i've created a work around :D

What is needed and what should be configured?

- Vista OS
    - iMon Remote with the software or similar remote control/software...more later < or similary...
    - the RAR package below with the StandbyWatcher tool
    - dot.Net Framework 3.5 with SP1 and of course Vista

thats all.

Installation:

1. Unpack the archive to a place on your MP machine like C:\StandbyWatcher
    2. open the iMon software and remove the power event from the power button

iMON_PowerSettings1.jpg

3. create a own button event with CTRL + ALT + S on the power button > you can use any remote software wheres have the same functionality!

iMON_PowerSettings2.jpg

4. start StandbyWatcher , check the tray!
    TrayIcon.jpg <= the green power can

5. enter your MP hostname (127.0.0.1 if its the same machine)
    6. choose the path from your mediaportal.exe
    7. choose a background image for the message or take on of the 2 in the archive
    if you dont need a image you can put a text here...
    8. press save settings and minimize the StandbyWatcher
    Settings.jpg

9. Thats all!!! :p

how do works the StandbyWatcher?
    Its a app which are runing in the background and recognizes if the power button was pressed (CTRL + ALT + S) and if something is recorded.

if its recorded, the mp is closing and the image/text is displayed, after the recording is finished the pc is going in to sleep after 10 seconds + the delay time seconds.

StandbyMessage_German.jpg

if you want back to live tv, just press the power button again or simply the enter button.

THATS ALL.

:D:D:D

For me here works, so please test this if there is any bugThank you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    18.11.2008 - v1.1 uploaded with new config features and some bugfixes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Yes, if she says - yes i works... then i think it will be ok :p

MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have now for the moment 2 faults which are not good:

1. After the standby attempt was canceled the pc its going in to standby (i must make a global keyboard/mouse hook for that)
    2. external USB devices like iMon or IR receiver for the MS remote shut downs the usb drivers in front of beginning the "away mode"... ergo i can not cancel the standby timer with the remote... just with the keyboard or mouse :mad:

I must first fix this 2 issues, after that i will post a test version in the plugin thread :D

****************************************************************************************************
    * Knows anyone a event from TVS where i can subscribe that the app receives a message if a recording has started / ended? *
    ****************************************************************************************************

MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The progress is nearly done...

i still having problem to get a notification from the tvs if a recording is started(!?)

i'm now trying to use a file system watcher to get a notification, it watches the recording folder of tvs and if a rec is started s.w checks the schedule table for the end time of the recording for standby time. => not the best solution but should work... :rolleyes:

::and if meanwhile anyone has pressed the power button, mp will go in to standby after the recording has finished.

any idea how to get the notification (without a timer)?
    MoPhat

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi

Are you checking TV3 recordings right?
    I think there is a methond on utils that say if there is a recording in place..

I have to check ...
    Iosu

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :D MoPhat,

Just a question regarding my scenario:

I usually record childrens program every day at 18.00-19.30.
    After the recording have started I decide I want to watch the still ongoing recording or watch live TV.
    Then I would use my Harmony 525 to start my TV, PC and Receiver. According to your description this plugin will prevent the PC from going in to standby and set a timer to got to standby after the recording right?

BUT in my case I would want to continue to watch TV or watch the recording even after the recording have stopped, will that work?

So what I'm trying to say is that when a press ANY button on the Remote I would want to cancel the standby timer. Since the "normal" PowerScheduler would set it to standby after the recording have finished (if you have configured it that way)...

Does that make sense?

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    pnyberg

It goes only in standby if you press the power button when something is recordings :D

if you want back to MP while recording is on, then press just the power button again - that all!

Thats the trick!

MoPhat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom