star-rating and classification not showing up in MP EPG (1 Viewer)

Christoph Conradi

December 4, 2013
Barcelona
Home Country
Spain Spain
I am still configuring MP 1.5 with focus on TV and EPG.
I use XMLTV to import the EPG from the Internet. I am not using the DVB EPG to import any channel info over the air. I didn't mark any channel to get imported (though I tried with one as well, but none of those channel I actually marked as visible). While the downloaded info includes starrating and classification they don't show up in the EPG within MP. On the other hand I am not really sure how to configure that part or how to influence where to show. I though that the configuration inside DVB EPG plugin would be used may be,
Title: %TITLE% %STARRATING_STR%
Description: Age: %PARENTALRATING%%NEWLINE%%DESCRIPTION%
however it actually doesn't change anything the way it is displayed in MP. Strange is that the program coloring from the Genre Map is applied. What do I miss?
I verified that the log file does not get any error messages regarding the star-rating tags or that there would be any parsing error.
I tried with several GUIs, Titan extended, Mustayaluka, PureVision 1080, no success. Can somebody confirm that from the TV guide and recorded movies I should get a rating icon or number somewhere?

Conman

Last edited:

mattpwill

Portal Member
July 17, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the same problem except I'm getting DVB-T2 EPG info over the air, and DVB-S2 data from the Sky EPG grabber plugin. I can't seem to get star ratings to show in MediaPortal however hard I try. Any help would be hugely appreciated

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mattpwill
    Neither of the EPG sources you mentioned provide rating data, so it is no surprise that ratings don't show. If you want ratings then you will have to find an alternative source that does provide rating data. I'm not able to suggest such an alternative (I'm based in NZ and so am not intimately familiar with the options for EPG in the UK... and frankly, I have never cared about getting ratings anyway). All I can say to help you is that the XMLTV plugin supports importing rating data. In other words, once you find an EPG source that provides rating data, you should be able to import that data via the XMLTV plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom