[Configuration] Start MP in Mini-TV Mode (1 Viewer)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    [noparse]
    Started on: 2012-03-18
    last update: 2012-03-18

Summary:
    Add a configuration option or command-line switch to start MP in Mini-TV Mode
    Area:
    GUI
    Description:
    Allow the user to start in Mini-TV mode by using a command-line switch or an option in the configuration program. Ideally, MP would remember the size and position of the window from the last time it was used.

The reason for this is that I (and I imagine quite a few others) use MP for TV services and often want to watch the TV streamed to an ordinary desktop PC (e.g., in a home office) while working on other things. With the current version of MP, a user can open in windowed mode, but then must also pull down the menu, choose Mini-TV mode, and then resize the window back to an appropriate size for their desktop -- every time they want to use it.
    [/noparse]

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WOW - I cannot believe I did not know about mini-TV mode before!!!
    I've been using MP for years now and am almost always using it in windowed mode. The window is invariably a too big (and of course, can't be squashed any smaller) and loses its position even when starting in windowed mode which is a little frustrating.

I'd definitely be a fan of this - might even consider implementing it when I can find some time... which unfortunately won't be for at least a few months.

Cheers for the suggestion,
    mm
    :)

kmarkot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Also looking for a solution that would allow to run MediaPortal in mini-TV mode. Maybe a launcher? or comand line program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom