start plugin function with macro!?

Discussion in 'other features (of release or svn versions)' started by legnod, February 10, 2012.

1. legnod
    • Premium Supporter

legnod MP Donator

Ratings:
    +303 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi everyone!

Do somebody know if its possible to write a script or a macro that controls a function of an MP Plugin?
    I use the IR Server Suite with my Harmony ONE Remote and got some macros to control my ambilight. I can control most of the build in fuctions of the AtmoWin Application but using the Live-View mode occurs in stuttering inside MP and Windows Aero will be disabled. With the Live-View Method of the Atmolight plugin this problem is solved but i cant turn it on and off when i want to. The plugin only supports turning the ambilight on and off when a Movie starts/stops or when the Live-TV is starting. I can turn it off with a macro that uses command line parameters for AtmoWin but i cant start it again if i want to :(.
    I looked at the sourcecode of the plugin and i know the function names but i am not a developer and have no clue about the MP architecture. Maybe someone of you can tell me if something like this is possible or not.

THX in advance!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!