Statistics (1 Viewer)

hassegubben

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Uppsala
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I don't know who is managing the WEB-site, but after releasing 1.0.0.0 RC2 it would be great to have a mini-survey on the main WEB-page. Many active MP testers (like me-I'm a professional) scan the forum threads trying to find a "good enough" MP version which can be downloaded and tested. This is tedious. To get a good overview of the quality of a current release, I suggest a three bar survey where you can vote for the option that suits you. Then you can take a look at the results. I think many people are scared away from downloading, because of all - often single users problems - complaints. I suggest vote-buttons for:
MP RC2 "No issues"
MP RC2 "Minor issues"
MP RC2 "Some key functionality not working at all" or "Major issues"

This will show a good picture of the quality of the release.
:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You left out.

MP RC2 "MP totally borked my system, because of that the wife left me. Shortly after, the dog died, what am i to do"

Bury the dog, and reformat your drive gets my vote.

Seriously, thats not to bad a idea, no use to the Devs as a feedback, but for a quick glance assesment could be useful to users, as long as the first person posting does not tick the above box :D

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Actually, I think the devs will get a better decision for releasing new versions. Reading all the posts in the forum easily make you think MP only consists of bugs. I know from my own experience that finding metrics to reveal a software's quality is difficult. Of course there are some drawbacks...:rolleyes: Finding all users that actually have no troubles at all might reveal some surprises!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom