Stocks & Indices plugin v1.9.1 for MediaPortal (deprecated) (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi fischy667, catavolt,
... Since two weeks or so I find the following error repeatedly for several indices in the logs ...
due to existing Yahoo related connection instabilities I've made some changes to retrieve the data.
In case this change doesn't help, the next version should contain a configurable timeout parameter.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the errors still exists with your latest release from yesterday :cry:

[2014-01-20 11:24:22,049] [Error ] [26 ] [ERROR] - Stocks & Indices: Error reading finance chart information. Status code: DOWNLOAD - ^SDAXI. (Error Code: System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 98.139.235.38:80
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    bei StocksPlugin.Stocks.(String , ), Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have two issues using v1.4.1. Apologies if these are dumb questions but I am a first time user of the plugin.

1. On StreamedMP I can't scroll up and down my list of stocks. The up/down arrows on the keyboard or remote just let me move between the sidebar on the left. The left/right arrows have no effect. If I use my mouse then I can highlight individual stocks and move up/down the list.
    2. Charts don't appear at all for me but all other data is being pulled in fine. I have Oceania selected as my region and 1 month charts - could this be the issue?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    ... Unfortunately the errors still exists with your latest release from yesterday ...
    please update to new version 1.4.2, this release contains some changes to the plugin related log handling. Currently I'm in mail contact with Yahoo to find out, why connection instabilities occurs since the last server upgrade.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the well known places version 1.5.0 of Stocks & Indices. This update is required to support my updated plugin framework and the upcoming version of MediaPortal v1.7.0. Important: this version is only compatible with MediaPortal version 1.6.0 and above. For prior releases, please download the archived installer from our repository.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to support the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.9.0. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please note the following information:
    • due to architectural changes in the core libraries, all plugins must be updated simultaneously
    • internal update mechanism has been changed with this version, the old way should work until end of October 2014 only
    • headline support has been deprecated by Yahoo since a while, a new to display financial news has been added
    Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the well known places version 1.6.2 of Stocks & Indices.
    This version contains minor bug fixes for headline functionality and wait cursor handling (thx to @catavolt for reporting) and required change for profile handling of portfolio values.

Important note to users who are using the portfolio functionality: With the support of @fischy667 I was able to found out that reading and writing of portfolio values in certain internationalized versions of Windows will not work correctly. Due to the necessary changes the portfolio values (price and quantity) can differ now to the original values entered before. Accordingly, please check and adjust your configuration in case you are affected.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to version 1.7.0. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    I'm happy to present you the newest release of Stocks & Indices, which can be downloaded from the well known places as usual. This version contains a shelveset to share your plugin related settings and profiles across devices and services. In principle all network storages, cloud services (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox) or any other storage you would like to use should work as expected.

To allow such a functionality, major changes inside the plugin code was necessary. Before using this new version and/or the sharing feature, it is highly recommended to follow the steps below:
    • To share passwords and keys, all synchronized devices must be in the same network domain or workgroup. Additionally a redeveloped crypthographic algorithm was required. Due to this change all saved passwords or provider keys must be entered again using the configuration dialog.
    • Before starting with settings and profile sharing, possible device or service specific configurations should be checked to prevent access or synchronization problems later. For more information, please take a look into the manual (chapter "Settings and Profile Sharing") or the troubleshooting guide.
    • In case you decide to disregard the sharing feature, the plugin will work in the same way as before.

Unfortunately from now on the release rate of this plugin must be reduced due to time and budget issues. I'm not able any longer to work nearly each evening on plugin improvements or enhancements. Of course bug fix releases will be published in a regular way, possibly in combination with the release cycle of MediaPortal. If you would support future development, I was pleased to receive a small donation. This would help to bring my 5-years old development environment back up to date. The donation link can be found in the first post of this thread and in the about box of the plugin.

Of course, I continue to look forward to your feedback, bug reports or feature requests. How quickly such changes can be implemented, the future will answer it.

Thank you and regards,
    Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom