Stop button to stop TV in fullscreen mode (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To be consistent with watching recorded TV, videos, music, etc, I suggest the Stop function stops TV when in full screen mode. Currently you have to go back to a different window such as the My TV window or TV Guide and press Stop before TV stops.

This will make it easier for my wife & kids to stop the TV tuner before switching off the TV. We need to do that because we have had a few occasions where leaving the TV tuner switched on overnight, with the computer in "Away Mode", sometimes results in MediaPortal not responding the next day.

Thank you for considering this change.

Ross.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I don't think they will change it.

See here and here for reasons by various team members.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see. Well I agree with all the comments posted by the non-developers on this issue. Anyone who does press Stop accidentally and looses the buffer of a show he was time shifting, will not likely do it again!

Non-consistent behaviour like this is frustrating to normal (non-advanced) users, and I think the emphasis for this software should be for normal users, not advanced users. Most members of my family do not even use the time shifting abilities so loosing the time shift buffer is not a problem.

If this is an issue for some then I agree with one tester who suggested a Yes/No prompt, with the default at Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom