Stop/Start service no longer works (1 Viewer)

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
May 10, 2015
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
The "Stop service" button under "Manual Control" in the "TV server configuration" module no longer functions.
I've upgrade to 1.13.100 because i thought my MP installation might have become corrupt but the issue remains..
Is anyone else on the same build experiencing this issue?

regards Erick

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "Stop service" button under "Manual Control" in the "TV server configuration" module no longer functions.
    I've upgrade to 1.13.100 because i thought my MP installation might have become corrupt but the issue remains..
    Is anyone else on the same build experiencing this issue?

regards Erick
    Are you sure that you are using MP2? I guess it's MP1 because of your version number.

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
    May 10, 2015
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well i down loaded MP2 about a year ago. And then yesterday upgraded MP2.
    All my desk top icons say i have MP2
    s!ApXAQQ5XQRNGlRl2TB18xJKsnXwi

MP2 icon.PNG

And the configuration module definitely is that version
    s!ApXAQQ5XQRNGlRl2TB18xJKsnXwi

ConfigManager.PNG

Is there any reason for me to think i have MP1 ?
    Did you check to see if you can still stop your services through the config window ?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I understand now. You are talking only about the TVE3 plug-in, which is same for MP1 and MP2.
    As far as I know it was not changed for more than 1 year as there is a code freeze for TVE3.
    @morpheus_xx only can anser this I believe

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While the engine of TVE 3 is identical for both MP1 and MP2, its implementation is not 100% the same. You should not simply run a MP1 TVServer install to upgrade an existing MP2 TVServer installation but should only use the MP2 installers.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    no longer functions.
    This never has worked in MP2 as there is no TV Server running at all, that you can stop or start. The buttons are only relics of MP1 without any function. To get the same effect (refreshing of plugins or applying settings or similar) you need to restart the MP2 server itself with the StatusMonitor Tool. Sadly it technically isn't possible to use the buttons inside the TV Configuration for this purpose. You first need to close the TV configuration before you safely can stop the MP2 server. If the Config is open it will crash completely if the MP2 server is not running and the MP2 server won't stop (in a normal way) as long as the TV config is running...

By the way. 1.13.100.0 is the correct version of MP2 TV Engine 3.0, at least with the latest weekly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom