Stopping an instant recording? (1 Viewer)

Juzdownunder

Portal Member
June 25, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
One thing really confusing me about Media Portal (new version) at the moment. When i start MP, and hit "Record now" to start recording my desired DVB-T channel, how do i stop that recording?

I can't find an option to "stop" anywhere. If i go into "scheduled" i can see my program recording, but clicking on it only gives me "delete", "watch from beginning" blah blah, no "stop". If i move my cursor to the top of the screen i get the bar with stop, ff, rw etc...but the stop button does nothing? What am i missing here?

Peval

Portal Member
July 17, 2006
Cervia
Home Country
Italy Italy
When you make an istant recording, the button "record Now" changes in "stop recording", so the start and stop button are the same. Maybe you have refresh problems. Try to exit mytv end enter mytv again. And wait some seconds, the button change could take a couple of seconds.

Juzdownunder

Portal Member
June 25, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Peval said:
When you make an istant recording, the button "record Now" changes in "stop recording", so the start and stop button are the same. Maybe you have refresh problems. Try to exit mytv end enter mytv again. And wait some seconds, the button change could take a couple of seconds.

Now that makes sense, but it never happens for me. The button always stays as "record now".

If i right click the active recording in the "Scheduled" screen, and choose "Delete now", it asks if i want to delete, and i say yes. That seems to stop the recording, but also delete what it's already recorded. Should i say no to that confirmation, and that will stop the recording but not delete what's been recorded perhaps?

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Juzdownunder said:
    Peval said:

Now that makes sense, but it never happens for me. The button always stays as "record now".

When you have more than 1 TV tuner, the card for watching TV might not be the same as used for recording TV. In this case the "Record now" button will not change in the TV window.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    guytpetj said:
    When you have more than 1 TV tuner, the card for watching TV might not be the same as used for recording TV. In this case the "Record now" button will not change in the TV window.

Thats correct, you wont be able to stop it this way without fiddling a bit I dont think. Easiest is definately just deleting the schedule.

Juzdownunder

Portal Member
    June 25, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    guytpetj said:

I only have the 1 tuner card, but perhaps because it has both a digital and analog tuner on it this is happening to me.

Still not sure how to stop a current recording without deleting what's been recorded though.

Justin.
    Melbourne, Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom