[Approved] Store EPG only for Channels on same Transponder (1 Viewer)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    With this addition it is enough to grab epg data only from single channel from every transponder (you can minimize grab time of all epg by doing this), but how user will know from which transponder channel is broadcasted
    proposal is to add transponder identifier to this screen

Attachments

• epg.JPG
      epg.JPG
      80 KB

snowball

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that is by default already included. EPG Grapping is running through all the channels that are configured for Grapping and will store Data for channels found on this transponder and that are configured to grap epg. this updates the last grap time for all the channels found. by this all those channels will not grap again until last grap time is older than your configured value. So i think that this optimization is already inbuild. nothing needs to be changed. the user just need to tick the channels he want to see in his EPG Guide. the system makes sure that it does not to much grapping.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Proposal2
    After the patch we have 2 check marks:
    store data only for selected channels
    grab epg only for channels on the same transponder

I propose to rework it to single dropdown box with 3 values
    Store data for grabbed channel only
    Store data for channels on same transponder
    Store data for all grabbed channels

It is inconsistant a bit when using that checkmarks in various combinations.

snowball

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Romuz,

i can see your point. although i think there is a difference in the options. the general page defines how the grapping in general is done and the new option goes exactly into this direction. the new option in the first place has no impact on the amount of channels you store in the DB. it just changes the grapping procedure a bit.
    the options on the Radio/TV pages influence what channels are stored in the DB. As you can set the options on Radio and TV also differently this can end up in mutualy exclusiv settings. to accomodate this i would need to change that already while grapping we decide if this is a TV or Radio EPG entry (i would need to check how to do this).

At the moment i am in favour to leave it as proposed.

other opinions?

Cheers Snow.

btw.: Regards to Moscow. have been there a few times.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    In general im ok with it so who from devs want to evaluate?

snowball

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Devs,

is there anything to do for me, to get the patch into the SVN? i have attached the patch file in the first post. and i think (hope) i followed all coding guidelines.

Cheers Snow

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Seeing there are binaries, has anyone tested this and can confirm it working OK?

I'm happy with the code (I only did few cosmetic fixes) but cannot test this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom