Strange behaviour of the TV & video preview windows ... (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TV-Server Version: TVE 2
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 + SVN 13906
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Prof. SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2700+
    HDD: Seagate 200GB ATA100
    Memory: 512MB - DDR 333 (PC3200)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon 9550
    Video Card Driver: ATI Radeon v6.4
    Sound Card: On board VIA VT1617
    Sound Card AC3: using 5.1 analog outputs
    Sound Card Driver: VIA Vinyl Audio v6.50a
    1. TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: v 3.50.02
    2. TV Card: DNTVLive! LP DVB-T
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: v 2.0.0.4
    [MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 6
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: none
    HTPC Case: custom built
    Cooling: custom built - super quiet
    Power Supply: custom built - 200W
    Remote: MCE - Australian version
    TV: BENQ PB6200 DLP projector
    TV - HTPC Connection: D-sub (15 pin)

I have noticed some odd behaviour of the small TV or Video preview window that overlays on some screens in the bottom left-hand corner.

I have 2 DVB-T cards, so I can watch one program, while recording a separate program. The following observations are with the default BlueTwo wide skin and TVE2:-

1. While recording a program and watching any program (either the same program that is being recorded or any other program), the TV preview window appears correctly on all screens, where it is permitted.

2. With Timeshifting ON or OFF, and just watching a program (no recording taking place), then the TV preview window still appears and sound is heard, where permitted, but the screen is black on the following TV screens:-

Program information
    Scheduled
    Recorded TV

On the Home screen, the TV preview window only appears when Timeshifting is enabled (as it should), but only the left and right hand sides of the video are visible where they exceed the size of the TV Preview Window (see the attached screen grab). It looks like the TV Preview Window is sized for a 4:3 image, but as I am viewing a 16:9 image, the sides of the video extend over the edges of the preview window. It actually looks like the black Preview Window is overlayed on top of the video, thus "blacking out" all but the edges of the video .... :(

I am not sure if this is a bug, or something peculiar with my setup - could someone else confirm if it works correctly for them, or if they get similar odd results like I do ?

A simple summary of this problem is:-

If I am recording a TV program, the Preview Window works correctly.

If I am not recording a TV program, and even if timeshifting is ON, the Preview Window is black in many of the screens ..... :confused:

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is currently WIP - the screens you mentioned use an "own" definition of a preview Window instead of the overlay. Those will be removed in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom