strange problem (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi:

Don't know if my problem is totally fault of IMDB+ but all my movies have portuguese titles (when available) and
brazilian movie covers !!! This is confusing as when looking for a movie I get the cover with a title (brazilian title) and the main movie title with a different name.

What am I doing wrong ??

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi:

Don't know if my problem is totally fault of IMDB+ but all my movies have portuguese titles (when available) and
    brazilian movie covers !!! This is confusing as when looking for a movie I get the cover with a title (brazilian title) and the main movie title with a different name.

What am I doing wrong ??

There are almost a hundred different combinations in which IMDb+ can be configured, and ontop of that IMDb and other sites give you a different HTML result then they give me. This makes it very hard for me to know what is going wrong without the ability to see exactly what is happening on your system step-by-step.

But this is why MovingPictures has a scraper-script debugging option. So enable 'debug' log verbosity inside MediaPortal, but then go to MovPic configuration and enable scraper-debug mode as well (green little bug has to show). Detailed instructions on how to do that are available at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper

Then recreate the 'problem', which you usually achieve by sending a movie known to cause problems back to the importer and then zip up the movingpictures.log file and attach in here. I will then afterwards ask you for the HTML sources of certain URLs that the scraper-script ends up using, so I can verify where and why it goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom