Streacom IRRC Remote dying trying to find a replacement (1 Viewer)

quartermain

Portal Member
May 5, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I also have this remote - I'm confused as to whether it is a "Microsoft Remote" or an "MCE Remote" - the XBMC Wiki article "Using an MCE Remote in XBMC" says they are different. The IRRC would seem to be a Microsoft Remote since the supplied manual says it uses RC-6 format and refers to eHome drivers.

However Device Manager on my Win8.1 system does not show "eHome" anywhere. In Human Interface Devices I see two instances of "HID-compliant consumer control device" - I'm guessing one is the IRRC and one is the remote sensor on my TBS 6285 TVB-T2 card. So is the IRRC Microsoft or is it MCE?

Another weird thing about this is that it is modal. Many buttons have two functions, the manual lists these as Mode 1 and Mode 2. The red button switches to Mode 1, the blue button to Mode 2.

This is borne out in practice, at least in Windows. In Mode 1 the up/down/left/right rocker does the same thing as the up/down/left/right keys on the keyboard, but in Mode 2 these buttons move the mouse. In OpenELEC Mode 1 causes the buttons to emulate the up/down/left/right keys, but in Mode 2 nothing happens.

Even weirder, I am conviced that the remote itself isn't modal. I've cloned it on to a URC-7555 using JP1.x software so I know the actual codes that each button generates, and each generates only one. The rocker Up button generates EFC 208/OBC 88, for example. So the modality must be a property of the driver. I could understand this if it were Windows only, but OpenELEC too? I think I need to do some low-level remote debugging.

quartermain

Portal Member
May 5, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well the remote itself is definitely not modal. I can switch to mode 2, verify that the mouse moves, hold my hand over the IR emitter while "switching" to mode 1, ie pressing the blue button, and the mouse still moves.So it's the server side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom