StreamedMP - How to Switch Views (1 Viewer)

monkey butle

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Derbyshire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Abosultely loviing Media Portal and StreamedMP.

However, after using it for about 3 months now there are a few bits that i'd like to tweak.

I'm using the list view on MP-TVSeries, and like to know if it's possible to switch between list and baner views.

Also, can i use skins (such as Monochrome) without affecting StreamedMP setup - do skins and StreamedMP work well together?

Finally, again on MP-TVSeries and Moving Pictures, is it possible to move the lower section (where the list is situated) down slightly - the curent setup covers up too much of the fanart for my liking?

Thanks in advance for anyone with the patience to reply (i'd be more adventurous and experiment but it took me ages to get MP working in the first place!)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

If you are in TVSeries, you can press i (or right click) and select Change Layout to switch between views.

StreamedMP is just another skin just like Monochrome. You can install multiple skinns and switch between them any time. Even from within the MP GUI on the settings, general menu.

Moving the lower section will require changing the xml and it might influence the rest of the layout.

Be adventurous :D you can't break anything that bad that you can't fix it again :D

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    I've tried the change view option before, but all it does is re-sort my existing list view (All, Favourites, Unwatched, TV Channels. Tried them before and just now.

I'm looking for a way to switch from list view to banner (and back again), without a reinstall.

Unless i'm still missing something.....?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    On my context menu I have Change View, with the options you described. And then also Change Layout which is the one I referred to.

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    On my context menu I have Change View, with the options you described. And then also Change Layout which is the one I referred to.

I only have Change View. I'm at the menu within My TV Series (right mouse click). I have other menu items such as rate, fanart, option, change view, etc..

Not sure how to grab a screen shot.

Is this a version issue, or am i looking in the wrong place?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    What version of TVSeries are you using?
    What version of StreamedMP are you using?

See quote from this page:
    * Added ability to change Layouts from with-in MediaPortals GUI. Updated TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml is required

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    What version of TVSeries are you using?
    What version of StreamedMP are you using?

See quote from this page:
    * Added ability to change Layouts from with-in MediaPortals GUI. Updated TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml is required

StreamedMP - 1.0.0.0
    MP-TvSeries - 2.1.3321
    Media Portal 1.0 (i think but not sure how to check!)

Do i need to upgrade both, or just StreamedMP?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    StreamedMP - 1.0.0.0
    I think this is your MP version and not StreamedMP.

The latest StreamedMP is 0.7.409 and it automatically includes TVSeries 2.2.3367.

Your biggest problem is this parts quoted from there:
    WARNING: This plugin was compiled against MediaPortal 1.0.1 SVN (07th Mar 09), so certain functionality may not work with any other version. If you are using MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 then use the latest stable release of the plugin.
    WARNING With this version of StreamedMP there has been some changes to support Recorded TV in MP 1.0.1 SVN and TVSeries 2.2 SVN, as a consequence if you are using MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 (Stable) then you need to use the old TVServers XMLs and TVSeries that support it

Basically it comes down to this: this latest releases is for testing with the latest MP SVN.
    So if you want to be tester as well, you need to upgrade everything.
    Your other safer option would be to wait a small time for the next MP stable release 1.0.1 and then upgrade everything.

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    Well, deciding to be more adventurous i installed the latest StramedMP onto my Media Portal 1.0.0.0.

It works very very well. Only thing at fault so far is that it changes the default MovingPictures layout to list view every time.

The MP-TVseries works like a charm, and can now switch layouts.

Any ideas how to select a specific widescreen banner in TVseries? There are certain ones i want to use (the contrast between banner and backgrounds are better), but currently it's a random selection of all the donwloaded banners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom