Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? (1 Viewer)

chemoul

Portal Member
September 29, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Country flag
I've recently installed MP2 and Kodi on a Firestick to try and stream recorded OTA TV over Wifi.
Quality is good, but not great (interlacing issues, some artifacts - I posted this in a separate thread).

In terms of streaming from Mediaportal (inc transcoding, also based on available network bandwidth) to other devices on the Wifi network, is it better to use MP1 or MP2? I originally selected MP2 because the version comparison lists MP2 as having "excellent" multi client support, but I don't seem to be able to find any information on streaming/transcoding in the MP2 wiki, whereas there is some information for MP1?

Also, which version does offer better support and integration with other "TV frontends" to access the content, such as Kodi - MP1 or 2?

Thank you for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm not sure if Kodi knows how to work with MPExtended, as far as I know, Kodi has his own plugin for working with MP1 or MP2 TVServer, and this plugin simply takes the TV stream as it is from the server and displays it in Kodi . Because TV server is the same for MP1 and MP2, then the result will be the same. :)
I'm not sure if Kodi knows how to work with MPExtended, as far as I know, Kodi has his own plugin for working with MP1 or MP2...
I posted this in the newcomer forum some time ago but didn’t get a response. Not a fan of double posting but reposting here in case...
Replies
Views
Sorry, i dont use TV in Mediaportal at all. :) -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
Sorry, i dont use TV in Mediaportal at all. :) -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
Love MediaPortal 1! I've been using it for years, originally with the MePo client and for the last few years as a backend for...
Replies
Views
Please attach your log files according to description in forum and wiki. It's about the adjusted refresh rate according to the content. It's a general problem with HDMI. Try switching off the refreshrate changer in MP2 settings. I'm not sure how WMC could handle it, but you would have same problem with MP1. Please see importer...
Please attach your log files according to description in forum and wiki. It's about the adjusted refresh rate according to the...
Hi I have finally had to move on from MCE (with a DVB-Link backend) that I had running on Win10 as Microsoft seems to keep finding...
Replies
Views
@Lehmden Thank you for the link. I have removed the text "*** Text to be added ***" on the page mentioned with a link to the other page in the Wiki which describes it in every detail. The page with the missing information is the first hit in Google and the Wiki when searching for "mediaportal add media sources", this should help...
@Lehmden Thank you for the link. I have removed the text "*** Text to be added ***" on the page mentioned with a link to the other...
Hi there, I had some free time at hand and I wanted to give MP2 another chance after about 5 years. In the past I tried out the...
Replies
Views
This only is valid if you are using Windows as OS for Kodi. On Linux the PQ is better a lot. This is due to the "not that good" codecs used in the Windows version of Kodi. On MP you can alter the default codecs, if you want and/or need for your setup. This was possible with the DS version of Kodi too, but the DS version never had made...
This only is valid if you are using Windows as OS for Kodi. On Linux the PQ is better a lot. This is due to the "not that good"...
We have been happily using MP1 server backend and multi-client setup in our house for some time now, it works pretty well. We use...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom