Streaming TV over LAN (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Can anybody reccomend a good piece of software for straming live TV from my capture card on another PC in the LAN? I tried Unreal Media Server which is quite good but I have 2 problems with it.
1) It doesnt run fullscreen when deselected (I want to have the TV fullscreen on my second monitor while I work on my primary monitor)
2) The video/audio goes out of sync after a few minutes.

What other software is there that will do this? (Preferably freeware).

Thanks.
Allan

A

Anonymous

Hi, I just gave it a shot, looks like not a bad bit of software but it just reboots my machine when I try and interface with my capture card.

I found a couple of others and they dont work very well either.
1) Windows Media Encoder - cant get it to capture
2) Star Media Center - audio is slow and video is jerky

I'll find something eventually!
Thanks for the suggestion
Allan

W

www_96KHz_tk

allanmb said:
Hi, I just gave it a shot, looks like not a bad bit of software but it just reboots my machine when I try and interface with my capture card.

If it won't work or reboots machine it's mostly a configuration issue somewhere, something that wants to be turned on but is not there issue..
VLC and FFdshow = all you need as nice trustfully basic.

But vlc and especially FFDshow are working only good if they're setup in the way your hardware works. So don't select things if you don't have it(like select dscaler5 if you haven't installed it) or 24bit output and your soundcard is a 16 bit. So be shure that you configure mediarelated software correctly.
and no i don't have codecpacks , just FFdshow and decent(doesn't have to be expensive) hardware.(like soundcard and videocard with full duplex hardwaresupport etc. not all done by cpu that's what i mean.

binaer

September 4, 2005
Switzerland
I'm trying to get working VLC, too. I use a PVR 500 from Hauppauge. If I watch TV in Mediaportal or the original WinTV2000 Software, there are no problems. But in VLC (or WMEncoder, UMediaServer, etc) i don't have any sound. In this apps i should set the audio device where the TV-Card is connected to. But the PVR 500 is an hardware-encoding-care. Well I think, the sound will be encoded in the mpeg-stream. The WinTV Sofware takes the sound from a "WinTV Wave" Input, but that one isn't visible in each other software or the Windows audio mixer. Where can I get the sound?
I hope someone could help me.

binaer

mcse

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
maybe this could be a good suggestion for a future plugin in mediaportal?

earlier i used to run a DVB-S (Nexus-S) sat card in my htpc together with the software called ProgDVB. That software had this feature built in from the start. You just enabled the streaming server in it and installed the ProgDVB broadcast client on any LAN pc. After specifying the IP of the server in the client you could pick up the high quality (720x576) DVB stream right from the server.

Was quite cool, you could even switch channels on the server from the client. The DVB stream is perfect for passing on to your lan, dont know if this would be possible for analog capture cards though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom