Stripping 'The' in Music - only for sort (1 Viewer)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

This is an idea I think was mentioned way back in 0.2.3 but wasn't really followed up. I've got the music database stripping 'The, Das' etc. from band names so that it sorts, for example, 'The Beatles' in to 'B' for Album Artists.

In the GUI an album will show as 'Beatles, The - Abbey Road'. External plugins like MovingPictures and TV Series handle this situation with a 'sort by' field and a 'display' field. Perhaps the music database can be expanded so that the artists can still be sorted properly but display correctly also - so the above example becomes 'The Beatles - Abbey Road' but still grouped with artists beginning with B.

Is there a chance this would ever be implemented?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I agree fully, however due to the feature freeze and that MP1 is set to be released this year, I'm not sure this can be implemented.
    Although there is no harm asking hwahrmann - so I'll point him to to this thread.

EDIT: Even better - moving it to the music section, as I'm sure it then will get picked up by hwahrmann :)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Now that MediaPortal is out of feature freeze, is there any desire on the developers part to implement this suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom