Stuttering TV audio after playing music (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TV-Server Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
    Windows Version: XP MCE roll-up 2 + updates (sp3)
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64X2 6000+ 3.01 GHz
    HDD: WD eIDE 120GB / (2)WDC WD1600JS 160GB/ WDC WD5000AAKS 500GB/ WDC WD10EACS 1TB
    Memory: MWave 4GB DDR2 667=(2GB X 2)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: on board
    Video Card Driver: from install disk
    Sound Card: on board Realtek HD & AC'97
    Sound Card AC3: 1 Optical
    Sound Card Driver: from install disk
    1. TV Card: HD HomeRun
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC (dual) ethernet
    1. TV Card Driver: hdhomerun_windows_20081222
    2. TV Card: WINTV-PVR-150 MCE
    2. TV Card Type: analog TV/FM/S-Vid
    2. TV Card Driver: from install disk
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV (current)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA/Bass (current)
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA ATSC
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17B
    Cooling: CPU fan, 2 x 80 mm case fans
    Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2-420W
    Remote: Harmony 670 as MCE (US) using IR Server Suite
    TV: Hitachi 32" analog crt TV
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA to S-video 4:3 (Grandtec PC to Video EZ)

It's me again.....

I mentioned the stuttering (wobbley sounding) audio in the last post. Well, it happened a couple times more. It is unpredictable I'm afraid, as it seems to choose when it strikes. I stopped playing a music playlist and went into TV. As soon as it started The sound right away was wobbley. Stopping and restarting MP fixed it each time, till playing music later. It doesn't usually happen in just a track or two, but after playing for a while (half hour?) then going to TV the audio stutters. I tried to get some logs after the first instance, but couldn't get it to repeat, then it happened again later when I wasn't testing.

Will something like this show up in the logs? Is this a TV-Server thing or just a MP thing. I remember this sort of thing happening many many moons ago, but has been fixed for quite a while.

regards

Chuck

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Or a system specific thing, i play allot music & watch tv never ever encountered this, not even after several days(3-7) without re-starting MP or tv server...
    Logs never hurt & can point to potential issues.
    Another thing, try updating soundcard drivers from realtek (click on download section & it should appear)

Regards
    Roy

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Thanks for the suggestion.

My system has not changed other than critical updates from MS and update RC4 to 1.0. I did not have the issue in RC2, RC3 or RC4. I know that MP has been evolving much faster than my HTPC and the 3 issues I've mentioned already have only occurred since updating to 1.0. Something critical changed between RC4 and 1.0 to cause this.

I will try to test again and catch the little poltergeist at one of his tricks.

regards

Chuck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I took almost an entire afternoon yesterday to update my system. Updated BIOS, video and audio drivers (took a while to get the video update to work... but did eventually). Had to do a fresh install of MP, restored my db's.

Music played all day, then turned on TV this evening and no lock-up, no stutter, no weird stuff.

Got the 14+ inches of snow raked off the roof, cleared the driveway, dug out my wife's car from under 22 inches of a week of snow. and this morning widened the entrance to my drive another 4 feet (of snow) to get both cars out and had a pleasant dinner at my son's house.

I got nothing to complain about... Although I haven't gotten any work done on my latest sculpture (and it needs to be done by the end of the year) with a stable MP HTPC I can spend more time actually getting work done.

:D

have a happy holiday!

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom