Sub menu sometimes doesn't appear! (1 Viewer)

bugs75

August 1, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,
I've recently installed MP 1.1.0 and everything is working great except that sometimes, the sub menu doesn't appear (the one that pops up when you select a pre/part-watched recorded program and asks if you want to play from beginning or resume time). This same issue occurs for the playback sub menu (the one that allows you to 'change aspect', 'audio language' etc).

I haven't been able to find the steps to reproduce the issue but it happens regularly. I've searched the forums but can't find anyone that has the same issue! It seems too big a problem to have gone unnoticed with the new version. Am I doing something wrong?!

Thanks to anyone with any debug steps/advice etc. Willing to test as much as necessary!
:confused:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    No problem seen here with menu's how are you controling MP, keyboard\ remote, mouse might be a little bit flakey with some skins.

We would need you to run MP in debug mode (in start menu folder) and collect and post logs using forum advanced + feature.

Also describe a screen where you can reproduce, screenshots help (F11 saved to pictures\mediaportal)

bugs75

August 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Many thanks for your help with this.

I spent hours last night trying to reproduce the problem whilst in debug mode...and it was fine! No sight of the issue (typical!) Then, tonight - my wife uses it and the problem occurs straight away!

So - I managed to find a MP log directory and I've attached its full contents here (not in debug mode). The error.log does show the following detail (part) that does seem to perhaps be related to the issue (GUIDialogMenu??!)...

2010-08-05 16:48:39.625000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.InvalidCastException: [A]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu cannot be cast to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu. Type A originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.1.0.16051, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'. Type B originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.1.0.16051, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~1\plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'.
    at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIResumeDialog.ShowResumeDialog(String title, Int32 lastStopTime, MediaType mediaType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Just to answer your questions, I'm using a Hauppage (Nova-500) remote which works fine and I can hear the 'click' when I press the 'i' (information) button to bring up the sub dialog menu - but it doesn't appear (when the problem is ocurring!)

Any further thoughts much appreciated :)
    NB: I've previously had 1.0.2 installed. This was uninstalled and 1.1.0 put on. I have no 3rd party plug-ins (using Blue3wide).

bugs75

August 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has seen the problem/error.log info I'm getting?!

I'm thinking a re-installation of MP might be a worthwhile thing to do. What do you think?
    Thanks

Apologies for the re-post...

I've just searched the forum for 'GUIDialogMenu' to catch this error.log error message and found a couple of other threads describing the exact problem I'm having...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/some-screens-stop-working-after-while-71097/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-1-2-496/dialog-boxes-stop-working-after-stop-resume-video-files-81384/

These are both unresolved threads. I feel a little better it's not just me that's experiencing this issue (it didn't ocurr in 1.0.2!)

Please help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom