SubCentral alternative? (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all,
For e past 18 months I have had a absolute nightmare with MP. I have encountered a persistent issue that I have frequently failed to resolve, as many on this forum will testify. The issue was that I would receive audio but no video whilst using the moving pictures plugin.However, this happened at random with no apparent pattern, I would load up media portal ten times, about eith times I would press play and no video just audio and a black screen.Reboot MP and everything plays fine.I could watch a movie and once it finished play another and it's back black screen with audio but no video. I' ve toleated this issue for the past 18 months but with the launch of MP1.3 alpha I thought I'd have another crack at it. 18 months on, 3 different pc''s and f*ck knows how many clean installs I' ve FINALLY discovered the issue. I did a clean install upon the release of 1.3 and I've been gradually adding plugins and skins one by one to try and pin point the issue.Eveything has been running spot on for weeks until this morning. I installed the subcentral plug in (the little tw*t) and bang it's back! I must have launched MP a hundred times prior to this with no issue. First time I load a movie with subcentral installed I get the black screen with audio only.Does anyone have an alternative to subcentral? or even. enter any idea why subcentral is having this impact on my moving pictures plugin? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't post logs as MP does see this as an error I don'treceive any logs.

MAny thanks in advance.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    First, how about posting the problem to SubCentral sub-forum if it's that you believe is causing the problem. Second, follow the bug reporting guidelines, sure you get logs if the debug logging is enabled.

Looking for alternatives straight away without even reporting the problem properly is not very productive in the perspective of community, finding and fixing the problem is. Finally I would like to remind you that SubCentral has over 30000 downloads and you are the first to report such an issue.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the first post I added the "normal logs" Debug logs are hard to get because it only happend sometimes.. The problem is gone for a while now since I changed some settings.. If it happend again I will disable all 3d party plugins for a while and see if it happend again.. Otherwise I will run MP always in debugmode for a while, and after it happend again I will post the debug logs..

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Sory for the dubble post.. I wasn't signed in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom