SubCentral at Transifex (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    3,130
    1,630
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Germany Germany
    I've created and provided this patch already a few weeks ago and doing it here in forums again to get a final decision if I can remove the resources at Transifex.com or if I should keep them. :)
    I would like to clean up the locked resources (atm these are MovingPictures, SubCentral, IMDB+ & MPTagThat) until the end of April to get back the correct statistics and progress reports.

    Attached are the necessary changes for SubCentral to be Transifex compatible.
    The resource at Transifex is available at: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MP1_CommunityPlugins/resource/subcentral/
     

    Attachments

    seco

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2007
    1,580
    1,236
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    I've created and provided this patch already a few weeks ago and doing it here in forums again to get a final decision if I can remove the resources at Transifex.com or if I should keep them. :)
    I would like to clean up the locked resources (atm these are MovingPictures, SubCentral, IMDB+ & MPTagThat) until the end of April to get back the correct statistics and progress reports.

    Attached are the necessary changes for SubCentral to be Transifex compatible.
    The resource at Transifex is available at: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MP1_CommunityPlugins/resource/subcentral/
    Well, I've added this stuff to SubCentral project but have no idea what to do next?
     

    chefkoch

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    3,130
    1,630
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Germany Germany
    You have to create an account at Transifex for updating the English resource manually. Not sure if it also needed to download the translations.
    I set the resource to accept translations now and fetching the English language file automatically from https://subcentral.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/SubCentral/Localizations/Languages/en-US.xml

    You have two batch files the first should be used to init your transifex account the second one can be used to fetch translations from Transifex.com

    Below you can find a solutions for problems you might have:
    Simply copied the messages from the conversation you left.

    FYI: You might get problems after pulling the translations from Transifex is you use ' within your strings.
    Here is the chatlog about the MP-TVSeries fix:

    [00:03]damienh: I best check if those escape characters will be handled correctly in the translator class
    [00:04]damienh: I noticed a few backslashes :)
    [00:04]damienh: will test to be sure all good
    [00:07]chefkoch: good idea :)
    [00:11]damienh: looks like I need to make a change
    [00:12]chefkoch: within the code ?
    [00:12]chefkoch: what's wrong
    [00:12]damienh: yes
    [00:13]damienh: the translation before was:
    [00:13]damienh: The view "{0}" is locked
    [00:13]damienh: after:
    [00:13]damienh: The view \"{0}\" is locked
    [00:39]damienh: http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/source/detail?r=2013
    [00:39]damienh: not sure if there are any other chars I need to worry about but just those two so far​

    After pulling from Transifex it might be possible you get duplicated language files:
    [00:32]chefkoch: pt-BR.xml vs pt_BR.xml
    [00:33]chefkoch: either you use the transifex way to write it or you modify the transifex config file
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [00:34]damienh: just use what ever mediaportal recognizes
    [00:34]damienh: as language selection comes from that config not tvseries
    [00:34]damienh: so probably one of them is being ignored now
    [00:35]chefkoch: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/blob/FEAT_Transifex/Tools/Transifex/.tx/config
    [00:35]chefkoch: pt-BR.xml is being used by mediaportal and should stay
    [00:36]chefkoch: transifex is using pt_BR.xml by default
    [00:36]chefkoch: adding pt_BR: pt-BR to the config is fixing it
    [00:38]chefkoch: no-NB.xml vs no.xml vs nb.xml
    [00:38]chefkoch: imo here should stay: nb.xml and no.xml
    [00:38]chefkoch: and the candidate for removal is no-NB.xml​
    more infos about language mappings:
    http://help.transifex.com/features/client/index.html#customizing-the-language-mappings

    here is the MP-TVSeries fix:
    https://code.google.com/p/mptvserie...014&r=2014&format=side&path=/trunk/.tx/config

    Instrustions for the usage of the Transifex Client are available at:
    http://help.transifex.com/features/client/index.html#user-client-index

    for pulling especially:
    http://help.transifex.com/features/client/index.html#pull


    You also can define a minimum percentage of completed to the config file to prevent pulling empty files:
    http://help.transifex.com/features/client/index.html#txconfig
    Apart from the above options, the following options are supported, too, either at the mainsection or the resource section.
    • minimum_perc: The minimum percentage a translation must be completed up to for the client to consider, whether it should pull it or not.
     

    Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

    Similar threads



    Top Bottom