Subsonic plugin for Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A few months ago I discoverd Subsonic, a great tool to stream music and even video.
    The only thing I was missing was a Mediaportal plugin, which can connect to various subsonic servers (i.e. those of some friends).

So I started to develop a plugin for it, the very first results are pretty satisfying, at least for me, it's a while ago that I coded and the first time I do it for MediaPortal.

The first results can be found at: https://github.com/BlackBurn83/MPSubsonic
    Just copy the dll to the plugin (window) folder and copy the skin xml file to the skin folder and you're ready to go.

If you have ideas, suggestions or want to offer help (especially for the skinning part:p), please let me know.

Keep in mind that it is a very first version.

AWEF

May 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    BlackBurn,

First of all, a great plugin.

I have a couple of issues:
    - I have the plugin showing on my main menu, but somehow it also took over the mapping of the TV button, that's rather anoying if you want to watch TV :oops:
    - I can only play single songs
    - When ffwd and pausing, there is a second icon added just above and next to the original icon (in the 'now playing' window).
    - The playlist currently only contains the title of the song. I'd preffer to see the artist and song duration also.

Keep up the good work, looks very prommising

Edit: Just tried moving the plugin to 'My Plugins', but it still takes over the TV button.

Cheers,
    Johan

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First off all thanks for testing!

- I have the plugin showing on my main menu, but somehow it also took over the mapping of the TV button, that's rather anoying if you want to watch TV :oops:
    Very strange, I will dive into it.

- I can only play single songs
    One of the first things to fix in the next releases is the ability to create playlists.

- When ffwd and pausing, there is a second icon added just above and next to the original icon (in the 'now playing' window).
    My skinning skills suck, but I look into it, I hope to find some people who can help me with that when the plugin is more feature rich.

- The playlist currently only contains the title of the song. I'd preffer to see the artist and song duration also.

The artist was added this afternoon, I have to look into the duration, it is a bit hard in the current set-up.

Nevertheless it is a very early version and I'm sure it will improve in the feature, keep an eye on Github. (when there is a more stable version, I will off course also post it here on the forums.)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

perhaps not using an unique plugin id but the same id as TV?

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

perhaps not using an unique plugin id but the same id as TV?

Thanks for the tip, I guess this can be the problem I think I just used 1 as ID (plugin newbie :oops:). Will check it out and change it later this day.

Is there a way to determine which ID is free or is it just a random set of numbers and keeping your fingers crossed that no other plugin will use this ID now or in the future?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Yes, id=1 is TV.
    Unfortunately I am not aware of an updated list containing everything.

See this quote from wiki:
    Each window / screen has it's own unique id. This example uses 5678, use another code for your plugins. The same id should be in the skin file.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Blackburn,

Are you still working on this?

Just tried it out and its working well. Im using the streamedmp skin and all im getting is the folder structure which works fine, but it would be nice with some album art etc.

regards
    Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom