Subtitles for TV on DVB-T? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hello

As a member of the deaf community I find subtitles an essential part of TV viewing. I was wondering if MP was, or will be capable of displaying subtitles on TV broadcasts. I'm currently using two VisionPlus DVB-T cards.

Many thanks,

Bob

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep, this is on my wishlist to
    together with
    - use EPG/tvguide from DVB-T
    - listen to DVB-T radio
    - show which channels are encrypted

frodo

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    Currently there is no support for subtitles, but after we get all the bugs out, and are able to get more info about all the bits and peices in the digital transport stream, we should be able to support subtitles

Regards,
    Bionic Donkey

A

Anonymous

Thank you Frodo and BionicDonkey. I'm impressed to get answers so quickly, let's hope the development goes quickly too. I'm currently using MCE05, and I'm amazed that they don't support DVB-T subtitling considering Microsoft's commitment to 'accessibility'. As soon as you've got them in MP, MP goes on my PC.

Thanks again people,

Bob

P

palton

Has anything happened in this area?

This is still a reason, making it impossible to throw out the set top box. I would like to use the htpc for real in our living room.

Can't deploy my htpc solution in production in my home. It's still a expensive toy and will be that as long as there is no support for DVB subtitling.

I'm really missing the feature. I don't need it but my familly...

It would really make a difference...

Regards/Bjorn

N

Nick [D]vB

*** You are banned now. All following Accounts will get banned too ***

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom