Subtitles (1 Viewer)

Walter Gheller

September 30, 2012
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
I am Australian and live in Brazil... and a newcomer to MP. I'm using Media Portal v1 and all of my content is in English and for my family members, I download subtitles in Portuguese. Using Media Player Classic, I used to be able to download subtitles from www.opensubtitles.org/isdb. I could choose "Brazilian Portuguese" from a list of subtitles offered. In Media Portal, I can only access subtitles in "Portugal Portuguese" and quite often, the correct subtitle isn`t offered (even though I know its available because I can access it via Media Player Classic). I don't know if its a configuration issue or just a limitation of MP 1. Can anyone help?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The list of available subtitles depends on what's provided to MediaPortal. There might be build in subtitles in the case of .mkv files. The language name is then configured on the subtitle streams inside the .mkv file.
    If you manually added .srt subtitle files to the video folder, the language name offered depends on the last section of the file name. Perhaps the Videos > Subtitles tab wiki page helps?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi & welcome Walter ;)

If you want to download the subtitles inside MediaPortal, you might wanna check out the SubCentral plugin.
    You can find it here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/subcentral.544/

If has support to download subs from OpenSubtitles.org and is very well configurable. You can specify your preferred language also. I just checked the config, but it doesn't have the option for Brazilian, but maybe you'll get better hits on the Portuguese subs with this plugin, since you can specify from which website you want to download them. And maybe the developer can add support for Brazilian if you ask him ;)

Good luck!

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi & welcome Walter ;)

If you want to download the subtitles inside MediaPortal, you might wanna check out the SubCentral plugin.
    You can find it here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/subcentral.544/

If has support to download subs from OpenSubtitles.org and is very well configurable. You can specify your preferred language also. I just checked the config, but it doesn't have the option for Brazilian, but maybe you'll get better hits on the Portuguese subs with this plugin, since you can specify from which website you want to download them. And maybe the developer can add support for Brazilian if you ask him ;)

Good luck!

Unfortunately SubtitleDownloader (and this way SubCentral) has a major design flaw where it is impossible to support Brazilian-Portuguese since the implementation uses ISO 639-2 language codes, which doesn't include Brazilian-Portuguese.. :(

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunately SubtitleDownloader (and this way SubCentral) has a major design flaw where it is impossible to support Brazilian-Portuguese since the implementation uses ISO 639-2 language codes, which doesn't include Brazilian-Portuguese.. :(

TNX for the reply seco. That clears things up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom