Sudden, inexplicable TV Server problems (1 Viewer)

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
September 5, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had a MePo setup working, stable and nearly 100% wife-friendly. Then one morning, I woke up to find that the system had rebooted and was stuck at the AHCI controller bios screen with some sort of error message (to the effect that it couldn't find the system drive). :(

Re-boots would work. I think I got the same error message if I cold-started the machine. MePo (and the system) would freeze entirely after half an hour to an hour of TV watching.

"Simple!" I thought. BIOS is corrupt or something. I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version and discovered the 5000 hour bug with Crucial M4 SSD drives in the process (my system drive is an M4):
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/crucial-m4-ssd-solution-random-freezes.108827/

So I updated the firmware of the drive. That seemed to fix the BIOS problems but MePo still freezes after, say 10 to 15 minutes of TV watching. It looks like the TV Server just quits but I'm not sure. The system doesn't hang but if I re-start MePo without re-booting, it cannot find the TV server. It's very odd and I haven't changed a thing.

I wonder whether a Windows Update to Windows 7 (as LesD speculates here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/live-tv-freezes-after-channel-change.108763/ ) is causing this?

Other people seem to be having similar issues recently:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...yback-garbled-audio-continues-playing.108755/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/random-crashes-freezes.108636/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-crashes-on-startup.108673/

Does anyone have any ideas? My logs are attached.

Specs (I will fill them in more fully tonight when I get home):

MediaPortal Version: 1.2. (?)
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (Fully Patched)
CPU Type: Intel i5
HDD: Crucial M4 (System), Western Digital GP (TV Recordings)
Memory: 16GB (10,240 MB timeshifting RAM Drive)
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: onboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard Azalia
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
TV Card: Black Gold BGT3600
TV Card Driver:
Codecs: SAF
TV Provider: Freeview / Freesat
HTPC Case: Antec
Cooling: Stock
Power Supply: Seasonic 400W Fanless
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Samsung ??" 3D LED
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI (via Yamaha RX-1065 Amp)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi BillyTheFish

Yes, TV Server is crashing because your database is corrupt/crashed:

[COLLAPSE]2012-06-18 08:17:28.059592 [Channel linkage update thread(16)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: delete from ChannelLinkageMap WHERE idPortalChannel=530 ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\channellinkagemap' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(String sql, StatementType stmtType, Type type, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    at Gentle.Framework.Broker.Execute(String sql, StatementType stmtType, Type type, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    at Gentle.Framework.Broker.Execute(String sql)
    at TvService.ChannelLinkageGrabber.PersistPortalChannel(PortalChannel pChannel)
    at TvService.ChannelLinkageGrabber.UpdateDatabaseThread()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\channellinkagemap' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)[/COLLAPSE]

Instructions for repairing are -->here<--.

mm

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Great! Thank you :)

I will try this tonight and let you know. I had a horrible thought for a moment that my TV card or some other hardware needed replacing.

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry, I forgot to reply. You were right, it cured the problem!

Thank you very much, you've saved my marriage :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom