Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    @Plugin and Skin Creator @Developers
    Not sure if this has been suggested before but how about this:
    I have 0 programming knowledge to know if this is even possible..!

Movie Night
    This plugin can choose a random movie from your collection when given a couple of suggestions, and play a set number of trailers from other movies in the same categories.

For instance - it's Friday night and I'm in the mood for a good Sci-Fi movie, with an 18+ rating with 3 trailers previous (this has been preset).
    I click the plugin - select 'Sci-Fi' from the genre category and 18 from the rating category then click 'Play'
    The plugin then plays me trailers for Predator II (watched movie), Aliens (watched movie) and Blade Runner 2049 (unwatched movie) before showing me District 9.

The plugin options have been set:
    Pick random movie from:
    ___[x] Watched Movies
    ___[x] Unwatched movies

No of trailers to show: [3] <- Spin button
    Trailers from the same:
    ___[x] genre
    ___[x] rating
    ___[_] year
    ___[x] watched movies
    ___[x] unwatched movies
    ___[x] Show me studio intros (there could be some for of opening video like the MGM logo or Universal or somesuch?).

Any thoughts from our illustrious community and devs?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @Plugin and Skin Creator @Developers
    Not sure if this has been suggested before but how about this:
    I have 0 programming knowledge to know if this is even possible..!

Movie Night
    This plugin can choose a random movie from your collection when given a couple of suggestions, and play a set number of trailers from other movies in the same categories.

For instance - it's Friday night and I'm in the mood for a good Sci-Fi movie, with an 18+ rating with 3 trailers previous (this has been preset).
    I click the plugin - select 'Sci-Fi' from the genre category and 18 from the rating category then click 'Play'
    The plugin then plays me trailers for Predator II (watched movie), Aliens (watched movie) and Blade Runner 2049 (unwatched movie) before showing me District 9.

The plugin options have been set:
    Pick random movie from:
    ___[x] Watched Movies
    ___[x] Unwatched movies

No of trailers to show: [3] <- Spin button
    Trailers from the same:
    ___[x] genre
    ___[x] rating
    ___[_] year
    ___[x] watched movies
    ___[x] unwatched movies
    ___[x] Show me studio intros (there could be some for of opening video like the MGM logo or Universal or somesuch?).

Any thoughts from our illustrious community and devs?
    "Play Random Movie" could be added to MovPics. Not familiar with trailers though

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb, Trakt and other movie collection sites tend to have "also recommended" sections or lists. Based on your existed collection with personal ratings it could tap into that, and show you not just "watched" and "unwatched", but also "you might be interested in adding xxxxxx or yyyyyy to your collection". Perhaps Trakt plugin, or OnlineVideo could expand on that to show trailers at least.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    That's also a great idea - showing trailers for missing movies - Nice!!

Anyone fancy having a pop at one...

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    IMDb, Trakt and other movie collection sites tend to have "also recommended" sections or lists. Based on your existed collection with personal ratings it could tap into that, and show you not just "watched" and "unwatched", but also "you might be interested in adding xxxxxx or yyyyyy to your collection". Perhaps Trakt plugin, or OnlineVideo could expand on that to show trailers at least.
    Trakt has trailers item on every context menu I believe

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But Trakt recomended not support filters like genre, rating etc

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    No takers for the creation of this masterpiece?

#Edit
    Thought of something else but not sure if it's possible elsewhere - can we filter movies to place those that have >1% watched to the top?
    Would this be a MovingPictures thing??

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    SpudR, I have integrated some type of `Lists` in IMDb+ with the usage of Top 250 and then grouping them to a custom collection of "» IMDb Top 250", but the problem is that it requires the constant refresh of entire collection to make it functional. The nice thing about Trakt or IMDb/Plex/etc. is that they can compare your viewing habits with friends and knowledge of new releases and then automatically generate accurate recommendations.

You should otherwise look at keeping track of your local collection with CouchPotato or Radarr as they have the same ability to recommend with a lesser `cloud` feel to it. Albeit they (well Radarr for sure) rely on TMDb database to get a list of recommendations, which is then filtered by removing movies you already have, or allowing you to manually mark certain entries as invalid for your preference.

Radarr/Radarr

PS: On my system I do have two custom views on "Blockbusters" and "Mega Blockbusters" that filter on popularity (vote numbers) from IMDb.com by looking at >250,000 and >1,000,000 respective vote entries, which helps a lot when deciding on what classic movie to re-watch, but never going to help on new releases obviously. RottenTomatoes has better options for that, and that was one of the reasons I initially created IMDb+, but I need to review that part after the API changes they made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom