Suggestion: Clean Up, but not my whole library! (1 Viewer)

rimmeraj

Portal Member
July 12, 2008
Home Country
Hi everyone,

Media portal is great, and here is a suggestion to make it better (in my opinion).

I just managed to delete most of my tv recordings tonight. thanks to that lovely button called 'clean-up'. Now call me silly, but I thought that the clean up feature would only apply to the current folder/recordings I was viewing at the time. not the whole library.

So I happily opened the recording folder for 'Bold and the Beautiful' (now there is a candidate for clean-up, and it is for the wife thank you). I then used the clean up button, thinking it would remove all bold and the beautiful recordings that had been watched.

my mistake. :( Yes there is a great warning message stating they will be deleted, but to me, that message meant the ones I was currently viewing.

my suggestion is to either not display the clean up option when viewing a particular folder, or else make it context sensitive. I.e. if I am in folder A, then only clean up folder A.

Alternatively, maybe the warning message should clearly state it will clean up all folders, not just the current one.

This is my first post, so please feel free to tell me if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Oh, and while I am here, being able to change the 'schedule' settings, such as number of episodes to keep, while looking at the recording folder would be great, rather than having to back track and locate the schedule and then modify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom