Suggestion for new zoom-mode (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
On my TV I can choose between PC-input (1366x768) and then the TV does no alteration on the signal what so ever. OR I can connect via S-video and than have the TV do it's normal alterations, but the signal quality is worse...

So, from my perspective I would prefer if I can get a decent scaling + crop feature in MP.

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Why implement it in MP then? No accuse but do you guys really think about the features you ask? A TV set e.g. can do stuff like this better - why wasting precious coding time and maybe introduce bugs for features you do not even need?

Why waste precious coding time being mean? He did think about it, and wondered if it would be useful for others; note the:
don´t know if other brands have similar zoom modes
If I find a really cool feature, but don't know if other people can utilize it (and not all people can in this case), where should I mention it and suggest that it could be part of MP if it is deemed useful? Is that not what the "Feature Request" section is for?

It's not like this was a request for MP to cut the crust off his sandwiches either; if this method gets rid of black bars without making people look like oompah-loompahs, it sounds like something that would get high WAF, and thus my support (not that I'm anyone important). If it doesn't sound useful to you, could have unseen negative consequences, or would be too difficult to make bug-free, then just don't code it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom