Suggestion: Less Steps In Artist/Album-Views (1 Viewer)

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Hello,

and a second suggestion for consideration:

Right now, when you browse through the database by artist, you first get list of Folders first (a,b,c,d and so on).

It would be great to have an option to skip this page and instead have a list of artists regardless of their initial letter.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You can do this, just remove the group in MP configuration & hit save ;)

Regards
    Roy

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a hint to development: I have seen this question approx. 10000000 times.

How about a general switch option (maybe on installation) saying "I have tons of media, please group everything by alphabet first" and people can turn this on/off?

For me altering the view is OK, but this may be over the head of the common couch potato. (me being an uncommon couch potato ;-) )

jomed

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    Or what about a link to the according page in the online manual directly on the config page (assuming such a page exists)?

Most likely many people (like me) are just too lazy to find out how this can be configured. And since it's definitely something that ist not self explanatory, most people will just leave this config page alone (like I did). A little hint in the right direction could do wonders here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom