[suggestion] RC3 Forum for MP1 (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
[I posted this in the wrong forum part earlier, but I think it will grab more attention of the right persons in here.]

HI Mediaportal team,

FIrst ... I realy realy like what you are doing here with this project. Its progressing very nicely. Thank you for everyones efforts!

I just have a suggestion for the forum about MediaPortal 1 RC3 version.

Create a new Main thread just for Mediaportal 1 RC3. Copy the original structure, because it worked OK. This way creators of plugins / skins / topics have to make sure its compatiblle and up to date with RC3. Users wont be creating errors with outdated plugins/skins or other things.... This would probably prevent 50% of all the bug reports.

Just a thought/suggestion... :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Users wont be creating errors with outdated plugins/skins or other things

We have removed as many as we can, but there are always changes going on, especially with internet based plugins, as you may have seen recently, lots of api's have had to be corrected, including imdb, weather, movingpictures etc and this kind of thing is neverending, when the internet is constantly updating itself.

Just read a similar thread over at meedios, who have even more plugins than we do.

Outdated skins are kept but with a not suitable message when used with current version of MP, in the hope someone may decide to fix\update them, thats why they are still available for download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom