Sumvision Cyclone Mini PC (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm,

As I am not in front of the patient now, I am pulling this from memory. Actually I a am a little bit confused...

If using LAV, you have the option to disable/enable hardware/GPU deinterlacing
    If you are talking about the option where I activate DXVA: deactivating it is a no-go: All that I then get is a still view of TV. If you refer to something else, then there is no such option available.

For example, my AMD HD 4670 has [...]
    There is not much that I can configure. I can chose LAV deinterlacing fallback options from none. bob, weave - and that's it. There are no other configuration options. The Intel driver itself has no configuration possibilities for deinterlacing ("Intel HD") or VSync, etc.

make sure you try to turn off post processing
    There is no post-processing

It looks as if you over-estimate the little box. CPU/GPU are low-spec, as is the Intel driver, which does not allow you to make any configuration (other maybe to adjust gamma and colors).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are talking about the option where I activate DXVA: deactivating it is a no-go: All that I then get is a still view of TV. If you refer to something else, then there is no such option available.
    upload_2015-7-28_22-49-49.png

For me the hardware options are disabled because I have an AMD GPU, but I don't know if it's the same for you. Even if they are disabled, you still have the GPU config. For example:
    upload_2015-7-28_22-51-3.png

upload_2015-7-28_22-51-36.png

There is not much that I can configure. I can chose LAV deinterlacing fallback options from none. bob, weave - and that's it. There are no other configuration options. The Intel driver itself has no configuration possibilities for deinterlacing ("Intel HD") or VSync, etc.
    I can't comment about Intel GPU config, but I'd be very surprised if there is not some kind of advanced mode that enables such options to be configured. About LAV: the screenshots above show what I have, and I don't see this "fallback" option you're referring to. What version of LAV are you using?

It looks as if you over-estimate the little box. CPU/GPU are low-spec, as is the Intel driver, which does not allow you to make any configuration (other maybe to adjust gamma and colors).
    I know the box is low spec, but I don't assume that low spec means no config. :)

[edit: Just realised I swapped out my HD 4670 for a 6450 some time ago. Sorry for any confusion that caused.]

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    For me the hardware options are disabled because I have an AMD GPU, but I don't know if it's the same for you.
    the options for HW deint are disabled for you as the title also mentions - those are for CUVID or QSync only. And you have set HW decoding to None, so - that also means no HW deint.

As for deinterlace setting in LAV that you have marked - this option is for forcing deinterlace activation for those cases where stream isn't marked as interlaced, but it IS interlaced.
    About LAV: the screenshots above show what I have, and I don't see this "fallback" option you're referring to
    me neither. Using LAV 0.61, 0.63, 0.65

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, here is some hard data ;).

This is my LAV screen:
    1.JPG
    Options for Deinterlacing Mode are Auto, Force, Progressive, Disabled.

This are screenshots from the Intel driver utility. I have never seen so few options. There is no fency tools like the Nvidia and AMD control centers.

2.JPG 3.JPG

I did not make copies of each screen but please take my word that there is really nothing configurable other than gamma/brightness/contrast, key shortcuts and IT contents (activate/deactivate). The six big tiles on the main screen are mostly dummies with no useful content behind.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some news: I turned the Justop upside down and put a heat sink really worth its name on it.

Heatsink.jpg

The result is that it has now been running ~30min (approx. 75000 frames drawn, of which 125 were dropped). Not 100% perfect but OK. Also note that the heat sink is simply put on top. Once it will be glued to the surface (double-sided heat-conductive tape), the results should be even better.

PaulT

Portal Member
    July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So at the minute I've moth-balled this. I've struggled and failed to get XBMC (openelec) to be able to link to Mediaportal server backend on this box. I also couldn't even get it to access shared folders from Win8, so either Win8, OE, or this box is making the process extra-difficult.

Added to this the Vbox IPTV I'm feeding into MediaPortal is more sluggish to load than when using a direct capture card, I'm rethinking the whole "ultra low power" setup in favour of going back to a proper PCI TV card setup if I choose to go down the PVR route.

To be continued... (maybe)

Other than that, it's a great little Win8 PC. I may look at trying to get gigabit lan on it, but I've lost interest a little at the minute.

frankie13

Portal Member
    August 10, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi frankie13 just joined the forum , i am looking at the sumvision cyclone mini pc windows 8.1 , i have a couple of questions
    1 if i connect it via hdmi to my yamaha avreciever will i get dolby digital 5.1 when watching kodi
    2 is netflix in 1080p and dolby digital +
    thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1439208952][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi @deadmonty
    Could you please give some infos about the audio proberities of the HDMI out? ->

attachment.php

Best regards
    Helios
    hi iam looking at the sumvision mini pc windows 8.1 , please tell me can i connect it to my yamaha avreciver via hdmi and get 5.1 DD from kodi and dolby digital+ from netflix
    thank you

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    anyone please
    A little bit unpatient, are we? ;) Just three hours later you are complaining that you don't get a reply?

hi iam looking at the sumvision mini pc windows 8.1 , please tell me can i connect it to my yamaha avreciver via hdmi and get 5.1 DD from kodi and dolby digital+ from netflix
    Yes and yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom