Sumvision Cyclone Mini PC (2 Viewers)

frankie13

Portal Member
August 10, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
sorry i did not mean it that way the reason i needed a quick replie was because the pc store i saw it in, the so called expert said it only passed 2.0 via hdmi
and i want 5.1 / 7.1 and DD+
THANK YOU

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nonsense.

The audio passed on to the device will actually depend on the connected device and your request is kind of a very modest requirement that every HDMI should capable of.

With respect to the mini PC itself: you can get similar hardware much cheaper. The Cyclone is one of the higher priced items.

frankie13

Portal Member
    August 10, 2015
    Home Country
    ok thank you it was the netflix in 1080p and dolby digital plus i was tempted by at the momment i am using the minix x8 h plus on a yamaha avr to a projector then a screen 100inch diagnol

ps also the minix does not do hd audio

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ps also the minix does not do hd audio
    Careful about semantics here. The Baytrail CPU will be capable to play DTS and Dolby (DD) but possibly not DTS-HD and Dolby-HD. In your intial posting you mentioned 5.1/7.1 and Dolby Digital, none of which is a DTS/Dolby-HD format.

PaulT

Portal Member
    July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    The Cyclone will passthrough DTS 5.1, but not DTS-HD 5.1 using Kodi. I assume the same is true of any other software used to play media.

Leeboy

August 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Good afternoon all,

Im looking at these to use with Win10 and kodi along with the Xbox one streaming app.

So my questions are does it allow the win10 update and is it capable of streaming the Xbox app please?

Thanks all
    Regards

Leigh.

PaulT

Portal Member
    July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    It does allow updating to Win10 but there isn't enough hdd space to do it, you'll need to plug in an ext. drive to allow the update to complete. (can remove once complete obviously)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom