Support for Hauppauge 35-buttons Remote Control DSR-0112 (2 Viewers)

teosoft

January 2, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Started on: 2009-02-18
last update: 2009-02-18

Summary:

Hauppauge is shipping a new 35-buttons Remote Control (model no. DSR-0112) with their USB DVB-T cards. The new remote shares the codes of the 45-buttons remote but has a different remote code. I added support to this remote code but I don't know how to upload the modifications.

Area: Hardware - Remote Control

Description:

Adding support to this remote is as easy as adding a new remote code to RemotePlugins/Remotes/HcwRemote/HCWHelper/HCWHelper.cs. The differences between the original (Revision 21478) and my modified version are as follows:
Code:
***** HCWHelperOriginal.cs
   41:      private const int HCWPVR2 = 0x001E; // 45-Button Remote
   42:      private const int HCWPVR = 0x001F; // 34-Button Remote
***** HCWHELPER.CS
   41:      private const int HCWPVR2 = 0x001E; // 45-Button Remote
   42:      private const int HCWPVR2_35BUTTONS = 0x001D; // 35-Button Remote
   43:      private const int HCWPVR = 0x001F; // 34-Button Remote

***** HCWHelperOriginal.cs
  294:              case HCWPVR2:
  295:                remoteCommand = keyCode + 2000;
***** HCWHELPER.CS
  295:              case HCWPVR2:
  296:              case HCWPVR2_35BUTTONS:
  297:                remoteCommand = keyCode + 2000;

Also, I have added a new section to the XML file defining the remotes (MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\Hauppauge HCW.xml) to support this remote.

I am attaching HCWHelper.cs (zipped) and Hauppauge HCW.xml

Hope a developer could include it in the next release.

Attachments

• Hauppauge HCW.xml
    30.6 KB
  • HcwHelper.zip
    30.6 KB

pbrightwell

April 27, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Using HcwHelper.cs

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as you were with the DSR-0112 Remote. I'm really pleased you've come up with a solution to the problem. I've download the HcwHelper.cs and the .xml document that you have posted. I've put the .xml file in the right folder and I now have the option to choose the 35 button remote. However I'm new to MediaPortal and C# and am unsure how use the .cs file.

I'm assuming the HcwHelper.cs replaces HcwHelper.exe in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" after it has been compiled? I've tried compiling the .cs file but I get errors on line 31 "using MediaPortal.Configuration;" (also on lines 32, 33, 35 & 50).

I'd be really grateful if you could explain how I could get this working, it's driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.

teosoft

January 2, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I don't know why it is not compiling. Probably you tried to compile just the file instead of the whole HcwHelper. Nevertheless, since the developers don't seem to incorporate the patch to the MediaPortal distribution I am attaching my compiled version of the HcwHelper.

Hope this help.

Attachments

• HcwHelper.rar
    30.6 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    teosoft

Nothing but immediate fixes are getting put into code for 1.0.2 atm, so yes very viable addition, just not yet :)

Noodleman

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue with a new install for somebody else.

They have this 35 button remote, however it isn't showing as a supported device in the config.

Using media portal version 1.1.2.0

I tried using the .xml file as above, however this isn't adding the option for the extra remote in the config.

I also tried the .exe file, however when going into config hcwhelper.exe crashes over and over in a loop.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 as the host system.

Is there any work around for this, or will I need to install an older version and use the files attached to this thread?

thanks

radji

May 1, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How would I go about activating this remote to work with my built in CIR (ITECIR). Do I need to add part of the inf file to the HIDIR registry thread?
    ps: Windows 7

Gioooow78

Portal Member
    May 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Somebody help on this one.... Just cánt figer out how to get this to work on windows 7....

Ány help would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom