Support for multiple monitors (1 Viewer)

Old Forester

August 2, 2015
Home Country
Canada Canada
As a newbie, refugee from WMC, I loaded MP1, as it was an easier install than MP2. I currently run two monitors off a desktop and would like to be able to select and size MP. I have looked at the plugins as well as explored the settings options. Does MP supports this option?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

refugee from WMC...
    Yes, you're in good company recently.

...I loaded MP1, as it was an easier install than MP2.
    Not a problem. MP1 is the stable, mature version, and is therefore recommended for most people. MP2 is coming along nicely, but still a bit of a work in progress.

I currently run two monitors off a desktop and would like to be able to select and size MP. I have looked at the plugins as well as explored the settings options. Does MP supports this option?
    I'm not 100% sure that I've understood your question correctly, so please clarify if the following answers don't help...

Refer to the "startup/resume" settings under "general" in MediaPortal Configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings

There you can choose the screen that MP starts on ("start screen").
    If you want to "size MP" then you need to use windowed mode. You can choose whether MP starts in full screen mode or windowed mode with the "start MediaPortal in fullscreen mode" option. To toggle between windowed and full screen modes, press alt + enter.

Regards,
    mm

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for complete reference:

Also MP2 supports multiple screens. It simply remembers the screen where it was placed at last. So simply move it to 2nd screen. If this not works, there is also a setting:
    upload_2015-8-2_20-19-55.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom