Support for PCIe cards from NetUP (1 Viewer)

paalkr

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Seems like there are only a beta BDA driver for the DVB-S2 card. Only Linux support (so far) for the SVB-T/C card :( I will email NetUP and ask if they have plans to support windows for all the PCIe cards.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have one of the NetUP DVB-S2 tuners. Very expensive. CI will work in TVE 3.5; doesn't work in TVE 3. I think there are probably cheaper options available if you need these sorts of tuners... unless you're looking for the open source driver? That is pretty cool. :)

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have one of the NetUP DVB-S2 tuners. Very expensive. CI will work in TVE 3.5; doesn't work in TVE 3. I think there are probably cheaper options available if you need these sorts of tuners... unless you're looking for the open source driver? That is pretty cool. :)

Any alternative cards in particular that you would recommend?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi again mm1352000 and once again, thanks for your reply :)

So, I guess this is just another example of what I was trying to say in my other post (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/where-have-all-the-digital-tv-tuner-cards-gone.127015/#post-1093808). Why have TBS chosen to hide away their nice standard DVB-T Tuners on a generic sales site, whilst pushing only their more complex (and to my mind) obscure cards on their own site? Looks like a simple phase out plan to me.

Nevertheless, many thanks for guiding me to the BuyDVB site. The TBS6281 may be a possible successor to my trustee AverMedia A188D's, even if they do have a superfluous output on the back plate and are significantly more expensive :)

I just need to find out if they are at least PCI-e Version 2.0?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom